In 2013 the Alliance partnered with Ex Libris to implement Alma and Primo as the Shared Integrated Library System (SILS) and discovery solution for all members. The SILS has a Network Zone (NZ) for shared cataloging and peer-to-peer configuration for Resource Sharing, referred to as “Summit.”
Alma is “a secure, scalable end-to-end library software system (ILS) for managing the acquisition, sharing, cataloging, and use of all kinds of resources” (Alma Overview, Ex Libris Knowedge Center).
- Resource Sharing & Fulfillment Documentation: Procedures, policies, trainings and statistics about the Summit network and Fulfillment services in Alma.
- Technical Services Documentation: Policies, procedures, and best practices from the Technical Services program about acquisitions and cataloging in the NZ.
- Collection Development Documentation: Best practices and guidelines from the Shared Content program about consortial collection development decision-making.
- Analytics: Training resources for obtaining usage and other statistics from Alma Analytics.
Primo is the discovery layer over Alma. The Members page contains links to each Alliance institution’s Primo instance.
- Primo Documentation: Documentation by the Discovery & User Experience program.
- Primo VE Resources: Starting October 2021, the Alliance will migrate from the Primo Back Office (PBO) architecture to Primo VE.
Ex Libris Users of North America (ELUNA)
ELUNA is the user community for Ex Libris customers in the Americas, while the International Group of Ex Libris Users (IGeLU) represents customers in other countries. Once a year, the Alliance submits votes to ELUNA/IGeLU on proposed enhancements to Alma and Primo based on the recommendations of the Alma Enhancements Project Group and Primo Enhancements Project Group.
See Ex Libris Users of North America (ELUNA) for a list of representatives who submit votes for their institutions.
- Alma and Primo Publishing Jobs: The current schedule of daily and weekly jobs for publishing, indexing, and hotswapping in the SILS.
- Alma and Primo Sandbox Inventory: A list of sandboxes currently available to the Alliance.
- Alma and Primo Calendar: Google calendar of releases and testing periods for Alma and Primo.
- Using the Ex Libris System Status Page: Instructions for using the Status Page to receive notifications for SILS outages.