Below is information on the Alma and Primo sandboxes currently available to the Alliance.
Loaded with Ex Libris test data, approximately 70,000 records; Institution Zone and Community Zone only; no Primo installation interoperability. This sandbox is refreshed periodically to support project needs.
Seven Alma premium sandboxes
Note these have been shifted to point to the new Alma Premium Sandboxes as of Dec. 19, 2019. Premium sandboxes are automatically refreshed by Ex Libris twice a year, in February and August, on the Sunday after the Alma release on production environments.
All sandboxes were last refreshed from production in August 2021.
- Western Washington University: Single Resource Sharing library.
- Washington State University: Geographically distributed institutional libraries, each with an Resource Sharing library.
- Oregon Health & Science University: Single Resource Sharing library and member of an additional consortium.
- Pacific University: Geographically distributed institutional libraries, each with an Resource Sharing library.
Not Anonymized (Institution Staff Testing Only)
- Portland Community College: Single Resource Sharing library managing geographically distributed institutional libraries.
- University of Washington: Single, itemless Resource Sharing library which brokers for multiple institutional libraries.
One standard sandbox
Capacity of 6 million records (currently loaded with ~300,000); sample data loaded to this Primo installation; supports Primo Back Office and Front End (example view) access. This Primo Sandbox supports the development work of the NRSG.
One premium sandbox
Containins full Alliance data and a card to support production server-level performance. Supports Primo Back Office and Front End (example view) access and can be integrated with the Alliance’s Alma Premium Primo sandboxes to test configuration changes.
The default data sources for the premium Primo sandbox are Alliance Alma production environments.
Please contact the Alliance’s Program Manager for Systems with any questions on these resources.