A practical guide brought to you by the Central Analytics Standing Group, based on questions and feedback from Alliance members like you.
On This Page
- Introduction - the basics of using Analytics. Subject Areas. Organizational tips.
- Case-insensitive filtering Filtering text in Analytics is case sensitive. Here’s how to work around that..
- Visualizing Analytics - Turn your reports into graphs and charts.
- Annual Reports (Including ACRL / IPEDS)
- Analytics in Action Videos
- Service Area Reports
- Modifying Canned Reports
- Collection Services
- Electronic Resources
- Resource Sharing Fulfillment (RSF)
- Ex Libris Video Index of Topics
- Pivot Tables
- Advanced SQL in Filters and Formulas
- Combining Subject Areas
- Primo - A separate system reached from Primo back office, these analytics generate reports on how users interact with the Primo discovery system, such as the most popular searches, or the number of times specific facets or devices were used.
Analytics lets you build reports on your institution”s Alma data (Institution Zone or IZ). You can request reports on Network Zone or NZ data. Read details about the difference in accessing IZ vs. NZ data.
- Navigating Alma Analytics
- Menus, icons, and structure of Analytics
- Demonstrates how to copy and paste a report
- Addresses a few key issues you might encounter
- Covers details about customization and displaying of reports
- Rearranging columns in the compiled report
Analytics 101 - Slides from the 2019 Summer Meeting.
- General overview of Alma Analytics. Including:
- Accessing and structure of Alma Analytics
- Utilizing out-of-the-box analytic reports
- Retrieving and using community reports
- Creating a new analytic report:
- Compiling a report
- Selection of subject area
- Adding criteria
- Adding filters
- Setting rows to add up to totals
- Adding views
- Creating a new dashboard, prompts, and adding reports
- Adding Analytic widgets in the Alma interface
Subject Areas – Description of fields including their mappings in Alma and MARC source. Includes a how-to on combining Subject Areas.
Display and Styling - 12 Minute Video
- Editing properties for analysis, tables, and columns
- Including null values in a report
- Hierarchy of columns
- Enabling user interactions across multiple tables
- Styling and setting sizes for tables and columns
- Setting column and data formatting,
- Customizing column headings
- Conditional formatting for rows and columns
Modifying the Look of an Analysis - PDF (July 2016). Changing column heading display; Adding totals to the end of columns; Coloring every other row.
Dashboard Prompts - 12 Minute Video
Creating a Dashboard Prompt, Widget, & Emails from a Report - Slides from 2019 Summer Meeting session titled Analytics 201.
Loans by Call Number Range - PDF, Kevin Edwards, PCC, (July 2016)
What books loaned the most last year
Loans over the last three days - PDF
All items from one barcode: Find all items from a single barcode by using the step feature to retrieve the MMS ID.
Create an Automated Report on Gift Funds - Drill down into various fund transaction types. Work through creating formulas. Remove extraneous text in a column. Create scheduled email reports.
Monitoring Items in a Request Type identify items given the request type Equipment to Withdraw so these items can be withdrawn
Parsing information from the MARC 300 field
Sorting by LC Call Number
Weeding - See examples of using Alma Analytics for weeding projects within the scope of three different scenarios
Ebooks Widget Analytics Report: Can be copied from the Analytics Catalog under /shared/Community/Reports/Consortia/Orbis Cascade Alliance/Analytics Group.
Filter an Analysis Based on Another Analysis - 8 Minute Video McShane 2016
Copy an Analytics report: For backup or for sending to a colleague.
Advanced SQL in Filters and Formulas
A short explanation and a few examples -A short introduction with examples
Analytics 201 – SQL Statements in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) - Derive hour, day, etc. from date; date arithmetic; tops, bottoms
Tips and Tricks with SQL - Focuses on time calculations.
Loans Over the Last Three Days - PDF, Bill Kelm, Willamette, (July 2016) Show loans for the past three days using TIMESTAMPADD, making a graph and widget.
Using Two Subject Areas - Slides from Doris Munson July 2016. Modified 2020.
Take advantage of the wide-spread expertise of the hundreds subscribed to the Alma mailing list. To subscribe to the Alma-L list, please visit the following link: https://exlibrisusers.org/listinfo/alma
Feeling shy or need something more complicated? Use our Central Analytics Request Form to privately send in your request.
Have an idea for a shared report? Need a report run in the Network Zone? Need something added to Analytics such as a MARC field? Use the Central Analytics Request Form.