The DUX Community Engagement Standing Group (DCESG) was established to continue the work of the Discovery Training Coordination Standing Group, which planned and coordinated training efforts within the DUX area. The DCESG is composed of staff from Alliance member libraries with interest and varying levels of experience in building community and training focused on supporting patrons and user communities.
The DCESG responds to the needs and interests of member libraries and their staff through discussions, training, and information sharing. Areas of focus include fostering community and inclusive engagement.
Proceeding from the statements above, the DCESG:
- Organizes and facilitates monthly community calls, including consultation and coordination with other DUX standing groups for content generation.
- Supports open lines of communication and opportunities for feedback and participation.
- Develops panel and stand-alone training sessions that address emerging issues and priorities.
- Maintains awareness of concerns and impacts in our communities of practice.
- Collaborates with other Alliance groups to achieve training-related objectives.
Goals & Deliverables
The DCESG will work toward the following goals and deliverables in FY24 (October 2023 – June 2024):
- Coordinate DUX Community Calls, including identifying topics and speakers.
- Develop panel and stand-alone training sessions of interest to the DUX community.
- Share information of interest via the DUX discussion list.