The User Experience Standing Group (UXSG) was established to provide resources and training focused on supporting users and their interactions with libraries. The UXSG is composed of staff from Alliance member libraries with interest and varying levels of experience with user experience.
The UXSG advocates for digital and physical user experience of libraries by incorporating user research, service design, and assessment. Areas of focus include development and application of platforms, tools, and other resources, along with services and spaces.
Proceeding from the statements above, the UXSG:
- Develops and recommends best practices for user experience research, including usability and user testing.
- Collaborates and coordinates with individuals and groups engaged in supporting user experience.
- Coordinates with Alliance groups and staff, along with vendors, regarding development of discovery platforms and related tools, as well as other resources and services.
- Provides training and documentation for Alliance member staff focused on user experience and related topics.
Goals & Deliverables
The UXSG will work toward the following goals and deliverables in FY24 (October 2023 – June 2024):
- Complete the user experience in physical spaces project.
- Collaborate with the ASG to conduct a community needs assessment for accessibility and user experience projects and topics.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and improvement of the User Testing Toolkit.
Projects & Activities
- User Testing Toolkit: Initially created by the User Testing Toolkit Project Group in April 2018 to provide Alliance libraries with resources to perform user testing at their institution.