Ensures that our patrons are able to discover all items locally as well as consortially in a stable and streamlined fashion through:
- Supporting Alma interoperability with discovery.
- Coordinating quarterly Primo release testing.
- Coordinating with other Alliance staff and Teams.
Advocates for the user experience in development of software, tools and other resources in discovery platforms through:
- Development of best practices for user testing, including usability and accessibility testing
- Coordinating with individuals engaged directly in user testing
- Coordinating with Systems Team and Alliance staff and vendors regarding development of discovery platforms
Supports Reference & Instruction community through:
- Supporting meetings of community members
- Facilitating need identification and information sharing
- Improving upon and providing training and documentation for Primo Analytics and other related discovery and user experience topics
Areas of Focus for FY18
The following priorities were approved by Council in April 2016:
- Lead consortium-wide user testing, user experience, and accessibility efforts for discovery interfaces, including partnering with other program areas
- Partner with Systems to support the new Primo UI through:
- Reviewing and assessing impacts of proposed changes to: authentication, internal users, end user display (such as consortial configuration)
- Outreach and training efforts to stakeholders in Public Services roles
Accessibility Group - Recruiting now!
This is a new Alliance team as of July 1, 2017. Previously discovery work occurred as part of the Discovery & Delivery Team in partnership with the Systems Team.