This workshop will focus on the Alliance’s Dublin Core Metadata Best Practices, particularly the required properties, and crafting high-quality records for contribution to the Alliance Harvester.
- Leigh Grinstead, LYRASIS
Before attending the workshop, please complete the preparatory assignment below. It form the basis for 20-30 minutes of discussion in the workshop. Discussion is more fun if everyone is prepared!
- Read the Alliance’s Dublin Core Metadata Best Practices, Version 2.3, and have the document available for use during the workshop: we will be practicing how to create strong, uniform records during the class.
- Review the instructions and ground rules, and ensure that you are joining from your own computer and have both a microphone and headphones. The workshop is not a broadcast; it is a discussion.
Your homework assignment will be to create a new Dublin Core record following the Alliance’s Dublin Core Best Practices. You may do this assignment in your institution’s DAM or IR, or in a Word document.
- Send the digital object and Dublin Core record to your instructor, Leigh Grinstead.
- She will give you written feedback.
Due dates for homework:
- Workshop date March 20: Due date April 4
- Workshop date April 6: Due date April 20
Last, please fill out this short evaluation so we can continue to refine and improve this workshop.
Development of this training supported in part with grants awarded by the Oregon Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) program of the Oregon State Library in 2016 and 2017.