You’ve learned how to form standards-compliant accession records and support records (agents, subjects). Now we move to the next level of complexity: Forming standards-compliant resource records.
- Steven Duckworth
- Zachariah Selley
Before attending the workshop, please do the following:
- Before attending the workshop, please do the following:
- Complete the preparatory assignment below. It form the basis for 20-30 minutes of discussion in the workshop. Discussion is more fun if everyone is prepared!
- Review the instructions and ground rules, and ensure that you are joining from your own computer and have both a microphone and headphones. The workshop is not a broadcast; it is a discussion.
In the Pine State University instance of AS, create a single-level resource record for the Arminda Bates Papers.
Please use the login and password that you received for the Accessions, Agents, & Subjects workshop.
Please use the following guidelines for use:
- Please use the PSU instance only for your workshop assignments. Experimentation introduces elements that may confuse you or your fellow attendees.
- You will see two repositories in the PSU instance:
- CP Archives (College of the Pines Archives)
- PSU Archives (Pine State University Archives
- Please work only in the PSU Archives instance. You do not have the necessary access to the CP instance to complete your assignments.
- When you create the resource record, you will need to ensure that the identifier is unique. Add your AS username to the identifier, like this:
- 2017-02-T1 (for username training1)
- You will need to do the same for any supporting records you create. So, similarly:
- Bates, Arminda-T1 (for username training1)
- Oregon-T1 (for username training 1)
Come prepared to share your work!
Using a collection from your institution (or from your favorite imaginary institution!), create a multi-level resource record in the College of the Pines instance ArchivesSpace. Then, link the resource record to a digital object record (use this example), a location, and an event.
- Send an email to your instructors when you are done
- They will give you written feedback
Last, please fill out this short evaluation so we can continue to refine and improve this workshop.