Original customization: Hiding Links in the Links Section of Full Record Details
Allows institutions to either:
- entirely hide the Links section for full display records, or,
- provide an allowed list for which only links matching text values will display
Note: this is likely a temporary way to address hiding 856 links, pending approval of Erin Grant’s NERS request (7893)
Example, before customization:
After customization implemented, with “View this record in MEDLINE/PubMed” in allowed list:
Alma Discovery (VE), Customization Package
Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Enable Central Package in your view
- Option 1: to entirely hide links section, add one line of code to custom1.css
- Zip local package, and load to Alma Discovery view.
Option 1: Hide Links section altogether
In your customization package’s custom1.css, add the following:
Option 2: Preserve the Links section, but provide an allowed list of link text values
In your customization package’s custom.js file, add the following lines of code within the anonymous function (that is, before the closing brackets at the end of the file). Edit the code as necessary to add/remove entries to your allowed list:
"This item in Worldcat",
"Report a Problem",
"Search Google Scholar for this item",
"Need Help? Ask Us",
"View this record in MEDLINE/PubMed"
Once either of the above options have been added, zip your customization package, load it to Alma Discovery, and save your view. Make sure “Inherit from Central Package” is checked.