The Primo Customization Standing Group completed its work in June 2023. The Systems Program Manager will maintain the Primo VE Toolkit until Alliance institutions migrate to the new Discovery experience.
- Alliance Primo Customization Standing Group GitHub
- Primo Sandbox: Western Washington University PCSG View
- Ex Libris Developer Network
- Using Angular JS Modules in the CP (PDF)
- Ensuring Accessibility in CP Customizations (PDF)
- Accessibility Testing Script for Customizations (PDF)
The Primo Customization Standing Group (PCSG) will work under the auspices of the Alliance System Team. It will be composed of staff from Alliance libraries with familiarity in the areas of Primo and appropriate technologies (e.g., AngularJS, CSS). The standing group will have at least one member from the Systems Team (SYS) and one member from the Discovery and User Experience Team (DUX). The standing group will comprise approximately 4-5 members and will work closely with the Orbis Cascade Alliance staff.
Outcomes for this standing group include:
- Identify customization needs by establishing a submission workflow.
- Select customization proposals that are appropriate across Alliance libraries and that are suitable for use in the Primo Central Package; provide feedback through public forums on the customization selection process.
- Develop proposed customizations or recruit experts outside the standing group to develop them; create and maintain guides for best practices.
- Publish documentation to Orbis Cascade Alliance website See Primo Toolkit; provide training through Systems Open Calls and produce other training materials as needed.
- Maintain customizations by testing them against quarterly Primo releases and updates to Primo Open Discovery Framework; communicate maintenance schedules to the Alliance.
The Primo Customization Standing Group started as the Primo Customization Working Group in July of 2017.