Enable OAI and Map Fields in your DAM/IR
- Enabling OAI and Mapping Fields in CONTENTdm
- Enabling OAI and Mapping Fields in Digital Commons
- Enabling OAI and Mapping Fields in Omeka
Select a Collection
The Digital Public Library of America aggregates digital objects that are described with Dublin Core in an unrestricted system that are part of the United States” cultural and/or scientific heritage. (Please note: The Alliance is not yet visible in DPLA. We are working on ingest and expect to be live in DPLA by the end of 2018.)
Alliance Primo aggregates digital objects that are described with Dublin Core in an unrestricted system that the institution wants to pipe to Primo, without having to create/maintain local pipes. (Please note: This is not yet in production. Primo publishing is scheduled to run nightly, so your set should be able to be viewed in the Primo sandbox the day after you contribute it. The sets are being actively tested in order to write normalization rules and measure outcomes against objectives.)
Collections that fit all of these criteria may be contributed to both DPLA and Primo simultaneously.
Evaluate the Collection’s Metadata
- Metadata Readiness Checklist
- Metadata Cleanup Decision Matrix – Assess whether your metadata meets requirements set by the Dublin Core Best Practices, plan where to clean up your metadata (in your DAM/IR, with OpenRefine, or in the Harvester)
- Required Data Checker and Dublin Core Mapping Checker – Check whether your records are missing required metadata. See what kind of metadata is mapped to each Dublin Core field, catch mapping errors, and identify metadata for cleanup.
- Metadata Enrichment Checklist – Thinking of enriching in addition to cleanup? This checklist will help you decide what, and how much, enrichment is suitable.
Alliance Metadata Standards
Determine and Apply Rights Statements
Remediate your Metadata
- Batch Editing CONTENTdm Records
- Batch Editing Digital Commons Records
- Batch Editing Dspace Records
- Batch Editing Omeka Records
- OpenRefine for Metadata Cleanup – Do batch cleanup on records exported from your local system
- OpenRefine for Metadata Enrichment – Match metadata values to controlled vocabulary terms
Contribute a Collection for Aggregation in Alliance Primo, DPLA, or Both
- Overview of the Alliance Harvester
- Contributing a Set
- Viewing and Deleting a Set
- Re-Contributing a Set
- Collections with an EAD in Archives West and an OAI set in the Harvester
- Edit your Repository Information
Digital Collections Training
- Digital Collections Workshops – Development and revision of digital collections documentation supported in part with grants awarded by the Oregon Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) program of the Oregon State Library in 2016 and 2017.