The Dublin Core Best Practices Standing Group is on hiatus. Dublin Core Best Practices are monitored by the ULC Team.
- Dublin Core Best Practices
- Forming and Applying Standardized Rights Statements
- Decision Matrix for Standardized Rights Statements
- All Digital Collections Documentation
- Maintain DC Documentation
- Provide DC Metadata Support
- Review Harvester Contributions
- Conduct DC Workshops
Background & Context
The DCBP SG comes out of several years of work on aggregated digital collections, starting in 2014 and continuing with the Digital Content Metadata Working Group (2015) and Digital Collections Working Group (2016-2017). Previous groups identified common metadata best practices as key for meaningful aggregation.
The work was supported in 2016-2017 by a LSTA grant supporting a metadata applications librarian who further refined the Alliance’s Dublin Core Best Practices (DCBP).
Review of metadata contributed via the Alliance harvester in summer 2017 indicated a need for additional discussion around the use of rights statements as well as additional support needed for institutions in meeting the DCBP.