Cataloging Standing Group Documents
- You can see the status of current and past CSG projects on the group’s Trello board.
- Use of Faceted Terms in Cataloging (December 2020)
- Recommendation to Implement an Alliance-wide Alternative to the LCSH “Illegal Aliens” Subject Terminology (June 2020)
- Discussion Paper: Providing Alternative Subject Headings for Controversial Subject Headings in the Alliance Shared ILS (December 2019)
- Report on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (October 2018)
- Survey on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (June 2018)
Technical Services Working Group Documents
- TSWG: Authority Control (protected folder on Shared Drive)
- TSWG: Alliance Policy: Cataloging at the WorldCat Level
Makeup and Charge
The Cataloging Standing Group (CSG) is a standing group that works under the auspices of the Alliance Shared Content and Technical Services (SCTS) Team. It is composed of staff from Alliance member libraries with expertise and interest in cataloging and metadata management. The group also includes the Program Manager for Technical Services. The charge of the CSG includes:
- Review and recommend cataloging policy for the Alliance. Create training outlines and documentation for best practices.
- Based on the priorities identified by the group, tasks could include reviewing past task group reports and determining a plan. Suggestions include reviewing CONSER funnel pilot, reviewing MARCIVE loading, looking at CZ record quality, implementing Primo genre/form recommendations, and reviewing the possibility of a PCC bib funnel.