Libraries that become active participants gain many of the same benefits Alliance members now realize by purchasing electronic resources as a group. We are also interested in working with consortia that are able to participate as a single entity (e.g., one contact person, one source for billing).
The Alliance charges administrative fees, but our intent is to keep such fees minimal. All fees are set on a cost-recovery basis. Individual academic, not for profit libraries located in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Hawaii are eligible to join the program. Libraries pay the following fees to participate:
- One-time enrollment fee of $1,000
- $25 administrative fee per invoice
- 3% administrative fee is added to the group price negotiated with vendors
Participants in the ER Program will be able to:
- Subscribe to an email list that provides information on new resources under consideration, product trials and opportunities to be included in quotes for new or renewing resources.
- Realize the savings provided through a consortial purchase of a resource
- Receive information about ER purchasing opportunities offered by other consortia when those deals are better than what the Alliance can negotiate.
- Suggest resources for purchase that your institution might be considering on its own to see if there’s enough interest to move it forward into a consortial purchase.
- Have licensing done by the Alliance when possible.
Staff at libraries participating in Electronic Resources Nonmember Program are invited to subscribe to two email listservs.
- ER-Nonmember is the official lists with offers, trials, communication with Alliance staff.
- ER-News is an optional list where vendor announcements are sent.
Please send your name, title, institution, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line or body of the message, request to be added to the ER-Nonmember and/or ER-News listservs.
If this program is not right for your library, you might consider these other options: