A Fulfillment Unit is a group of locations that are requested and circulate similarly. Fulfillment unit rules can be used to apply TOUs to subsets of materials based on location, material type, item policy, process type, and users.
- Fulfillment Units – An Overview (Google Doc)
- Moving a Location to a Different Fulfillment Unit (Google Doc)
- Preventing Summit Requests by Location (Google Doc)
A predefined group of policies that defines how Alma will respond to different activities (such as loaning, requesting, or booking items).
- Applying a Recall and Recall Fine (Google Doc)
- Create a Due Date Policy (Google Doc)
- Create a Grace Period Policy (Google Doc)
- Bookings – an introductory document on configuration and a brief demo from an RSF Open Call (captioned, without captions)
Item policies create exception rules in the fulfillment unit rules so that specific items in a certain location will circulate differently than the typical items stored in this location.
Putting It All Together
Here’s a unique situation to help synthesize the use of Item Policies, Advanced Policy Configuration, and Term of Use: create a set of Fulfillment Unit Rules that will apply different overdue fine amounts to Faculty, Grad, and Undergrad Students!
Related Documents and Processes
- Removing Temporary Location and Policy Information with a Job (Google Doc)
- Fulfillment Spring Cleaning – Bill Kelm (PPTX)
- Changing Replacement Charges (Google Doc)
- TOU/FU: Cleaning up your Fulfillment policy configuration – Chelle Batchelor and Bill Kelm (PPTX)