On This Page
- Late April: 4/24/23
- Late April to Early June: 4/25/23 to 6/9/23
- Mid-June to Mid-July: 6/20/23-7/10/23
Late April: 4/24/23
Alliance Resource Sharing & Fulfillment Program Manager creates a Problem List at the consortial level.
- List is shared with all members for cleanup ahead of creating their own lists. Items will be flagged as ineligible for AAR based on the following lending request statuses in the AAR – Lending List Analytics report:
- Returned by Partner (and returned more than a month previous)
- Shipped Physically
- Members search for problem items, and work with one another to clear up problems.
- Items that remain in Returned by Partner and Shipped Physically after June deadline, will not be included in AAR.
Late April to Early June: 4/25/23 to 6/9/23
After working on the Alliance-wide Problem List, members prepare local Lending and Borrowing lists, search for items, and continue to work with one another to resolve issues.
- Members create lists of missing (and damaged) items for both lending and borrowing
The reporting period is April through March: The dates for inclusion in the 2023 AAR will be 4-1-2022 through 3-31-2023.
- Members run these two reports locally, checking the Due Date range in the filters:
- Shared Folders > Community > Reports > Consortia > Orbis Cascade Alliance > Circulation & Resource Sharing > AAR Reports > AAR – lending list
- Shared Folders > Community > Reports > Consortia > Orbis Cascade Alliance > Circulation & Resource Sharing > AAR Reports >AAR – borrowing list
- Members search their library/libraries for items on both lists.
- Members review and update their lists in Alma, checking in found items from lending, and returning borrowed items.
- Note: Lending libraries who have identified multiple barcode issues (status shows as “Shipped Physically,” item record likely shows as “on shelf”, and the lending request shows “multiple barcodes,” even if it is a single item) – these items will not show on the AAR lending list (barcode is null). Member libraries can identify multiple barcode null value issues by running the following report and following this Multiple Barcodes Clean Up document:
- Shared Folders > Community > Reports > Consortia > Orbis Cascade Alliance > Circulation & Resource Sharing > AAR Reports >Multiple Barcodes – Null Value Cleanup Report
- ExPak courier claims should be filed on items lost in Shipped Physically or Returned by Partner that have not been found at lending or borrowing libraries.
- Members should also report any irreparably damaged items to the RSF PM for addition to the master list.
- Once damaged items are submitted, any items remaining in AAR Ineligible statuses will not be added to the Master List. No exceptions!
- Final updates in Alma (corrected statuses for borrowing/lending transactions) must be completed by early June. For 2023, this is Friday, June 9.
Mid-June to Mid-July: 6/20/23-7/10/23
The Resource Sharing Program Manager will send out the first draft of the Master List, with additions of damaged materials. For 2023, the release date is Tuesday, June 20, to avoid conflicting with the Juneteenth holiday.
- Members review against their local lists and look for any discrepancies. Members search for any remaining problem items, and work with one another to resolve them.
- Members report any remaining proposed additions to the master list to the RSF PM. The deadline for 2023 is Monday, July 10.
The Resource Sharing and Fulfillment Program Manager sends out the final master list for billing. July 17, 2023
- All libraries have a week to review the final list. NO CHANGES AFTER JULY 25. The Final Master List with balance sheet will be released July 26, 2023.
The Alliance prepares an emailed invoice for each institution owing money to other institutions (“net owe”).
Libraries owed replacement fees (“net due”) submit invoices to the Alliance for payment. Deadline for invoice submission is August 18, 2023
Borrowing libraries update patron records August 1-15, 2023.
Lending libraries update item records August 21-31, 2023.
Orbis Cascade Alliance Accounting collects payment from all libraries that owe replacement fees and distributes replacement fees to libraries owed fees by check. Payments are usually distributed by the end of September.