The E-Content Group (ECG) is a standing group that works under the auspices of the Alliance Shared Content & Technical Services (SCTS) Team. It is composed of five (5) staff from Alliance member libraries with expertise and interest in e-resource acquisition, licensing, and vendor management. The group also includes Program Manager-SCTS and E-Resources Specialist. Outcomes for this working group include:
- Review Alliance-wide licenses for e-resources to ensure alignment with Alliance values and the strategic plan. The ECG will work to draft model license language when appropriate.
- Evaluate internal cost allocations for e-resources on a regular basis to ensure equity across Alliance e-resource subscribers. The ECG will propose new or amended allocation as needed.
- Determine how Open Access (OA) can be incorporated into the Alliance SCTS program. The ECG will consider opportunities to support and promote OA in a consortial context. (Anticipated to start no earlier than Year two of the strategic plan.)
To codify Alliance licensing best practices, and to provide a guide for consortial and institutional licensing, the ECG created the “Licensing Best Practices” document. The document was approved by the SCTS Team and community in August 2020; minor revisions were made in June 2021:
- Licensing Best Practices (PDF)
In May 2021, the ECG provided an overview of various Open Access (OA) Acquisitions models to the SCTS community:
- OA Acquisitions Models (Google Slides)
In July 2021, the ECG co-presented a session on accessibility with the Accessibility Standing Group (ASG) at the Alliance Summer meeting:
- Accessibility and the Alliance: Working together to provide readily available shared content to everyone