Formerly, the great and revered Summit Standing Group
In the interest of increasing engagement with resource sharing group work, and in light of the changing landscape of resource sharing options being used by member libraries, it was decided to broaden the scope of the existing Summit Standing Group to include resource sharing considerations outside of our consortial borrowing agreements. This change impacted the name of our group – from Summit Standing Group to Sharing Standing Group – and necessitated an updated charge.
The Sharing Standing Group (SSG) is charged with:
- Ensuring that Summit processing is streamlined and stable, for the betterment of user and staff experiences.
- Testing new resource sharing features in Alma quarterly feature releases.
- Proposing data-driven changes to the Alliance’s Alma resource sharing program including the rota and partner configurations.
- Exploring third party resource sharing products in use by our member libraries and their integrations with our existing Summit configurations and policies. May include testing, recommending, and documenting configurations.
- Creating and maintaining online documentation and training manuals.
- Participating in Resource Sharing and Fulfillment (RSF) open calls.
- Providing advice and feedback to the RSF Program Manager
- Forming subgroups as needed to advise the larger group and carry out specific tasks.
Meetings & Documentation
Our minutes are posted monthly to the Sharing SG Shared Drive. Please contact the program manager if you are having difficulty accessing the documents.
The SSG maintains a collection of Summit resource sharing documentation to help you understand the processes and policies that guide our work. That collection can be found on the Summit Documentation Website. We have also begun to collect and link documentation for additional resource sharing products and procedures available in the Interlibrary Loan section of the Resource Sharing & Fulfillment Documentation page.