The following policy applies to the Archives West website. The program supports confidentiality of the reading and research habits of individuals but collections certain pieces of information to evaluate and develop its services for the benefit of researchers who use the site. The program does not collect personally identifiable information about any person who uses its site.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The program automatically gathers and stores the following information about its users in order to develop and evaluate its services. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only:
- The IP address from which users access the Archives West site;
- The name of the domain from which users access the Internet;
- The type of browser, operating system, screen resolution and screen colors of the computer used to access the site;
- The date and time users access the site;
- The pages, files, documents and links that users visit and how much time they spend there;
- The cities and countries from which users visit the site, and the languages used by their computer’s operating system;
- The keywords that resulted in a visit to the site;
- Which search engine used directed the users to the site;
- The Internet address of any websites that direct users to the site.
Commercial Use of Information
The program does not collect or sell information about its members or their researchers to any third party.
The program does not collect any type of personal information about researchers that use the Archives West site. If researchers who use the site opt to participate in usability testing or other forms of research conducted by the program, any identifying information about them is kept strictly confidential during the course of the testing or research and destroyed on conclusion of the project.
Archives West links to the websites of its members and to a select number of similar sites. These sites may have their own privacy policies that may be different from this policy.