The Orbis Cascade Alliance is piloting a consortial membership in Open Education Network. This service responds to member libraries’ needs for education and collaborative opportunities around open education, and specifically Open Educational Resources (OER).
All Alliance members receive the following benefits from consortial membership:
- Managed access to a PressBooksEDU sandbox.
- Access to free professional development opportunities and community events hosted by the Alliance, or as selected by OEN.
- Discounts on some fee-based programs, including the Certificate in OER Librarianship.
- Substantial discount on institution-level membership (called “Allied” membership). Allied membership includes:
- Institutional data dashboard
- Access to the OEN Community of Practice and Community Hub
- An institutional PressbooksEDU sandbox and PressBooksEDU discount
- Additional discounts on, and access to, fee-based programs
- Acknowledgment on the OEN website
Current OEN memberships
Alliance institutions that already have Institutional memberships with OEN will be converted to Allied memberships, at a discounted rate of $525 (normally $1575) effective July 1.
Alliance institutions that already have Consortial or Allied memberships through another agency or consortium (Open Oregon, GWLA, Idaho State Board of Education) will maintain their existing membership status, and will also be able to participate as Alliance consortial members.
Join as an Allied member
Through the Alliance consortial membership, Alliance institutions can join OEN as Allied members at a discounted rate of $525 (normally $1575)
If your institution would like to join OEN as an Allied member, the first step is to provide information to OEN through this short form. Your institution will manage its contract directly with OEN.
Note that the OEN membership cycle is July 1 – June 30. OEN welcomes Allied members at any time, but they do not prorate memberships.
The value and impact of our consortial membership in OEN will be assessed after the FY22 pilot period.