- Financial Framework 2021
- Investment Policy 2021
- Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements 2020 (PDF)
- Tax Documents 2019 (PDF)
The Finance Committee is responsible for the following:
- Recommending new and revised financial policies.
- Selecting and working with an external investment manager to steward Alliance investments and make adjustments to the investment portfolio.
- Facilitating communication between external auditors and the Board of Directors in connection with the audit and any other fiscal matters that arise.
- Reviewing, accepting and recommending for Board of Directors approval the annual financial statements.
- Ensuring compliance with governmental regulations, including filing of federal and state tax documents.
- Managing Alliance central staff HR functions:
- new and revised HR Alliance staff policies and procedures, ensuring that best practices and compliance with laws and regulations are considered:
- appropriate benefits packages for eligible Alliance staff;
- compensation levels for paid staff positions;
- Communicating all relevant matters to the Board of Directors as necessary.
- Reviewing and accepting the annual operating budget prepared by Alliance central staff and recommending the budget for Board of Directors approval
Membership of the Finance Committee will consist of: the Treasurer, (who serves as Chair); the Alliance Past-Chair; one additional Board member; and three Council members (non-voting). Members of the Committee are appointed by the Alliance Chair annually for a two-year term. The Alliance Executive Director and Finance Manager serve as ex-officio members with no voting rights, and are recused from audit discussions. (updated 4-28-2021)
The work of the Finance Committee is normally accomplished by mail, fax, email, and telephone.