The first three workshops took you through the process of building an EAD finding aid from the ground up, but without using the tools that participating institutions use day-to-day. Now we'll move to the tools and processes that support this work.
Before attending the workshop, please do the following:
- Watch the following recordings:
- ARK Request
- Compliance Checker
- Document Submission
- Encoding Software
- Revision and Re-Submission
- Repository Registry
- Come prepared to discuss your homework assignment from Workshop 3; one to two people will be invited to share their work.
- Review the instructions and ground rules, and ensure that you are joining from your own computer and have both a microphone and headphones. The workshop is not a broadcast; it is a discussion.
- Obtain software:
- Download a trial version of XMetaL Author or Oxygen XML Editor;
- If your institution has the software already, use it.
- Setup the software according to the instructions, and with the helper files listed below: