Usability and Accessibility Resources
Alliance User Testing Toolkit
User Testing Toolkit: Created by the User Testing Toolkit Project Group in April 2018 to provide Alliance libraries with resources to perform user testing at their institution. The toolkit is broken down into the following sections:
- User Testing FAQ and Resources
- This page provides general resources for user testing.
- Sample User Testing Documentation
- These pages gather sample user testing documentation used by institutions in the Orbis Cascade Alliance and generic templates found in other user testing resources.
- User Testing Overview for Librarians and Archivists: A Guide to Performing User Tests in your Library
- This guide is for librarians and archivists who want to understand what goes into user testing coordination and implementation.
- Supports how to perform user testing with any type of library and archives patron in order to understand what success and challenges they have with different kinds of interactive digital systems like online library catalogs, digital collections repositories, library websites, and finding aid repositories.
WSU Vancouver's Usability and Accessibility Workshop Toolkit
- Recommended Readings
- Resources Guide
- WSUV Databases Usability Study
- Consent form
- Observer's notes form
- Demographic Surveys [WSU students using browsers | WSU students using screen readers | Non-affiliated testers]
- Task Lists [Academic Search Complete | Web of Science | JSTOR]
- Universal Design [from University of Washington's DO-IT]
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- Universal Design in Higher Education: Promising Practices
- Making Electronic Resources Accessible in Libraries
- Portland Community College: Web Accessibility Guidelines | Web Accessibility FAQ
- Accessing PDF Documents with Assistive Technology: A Screen Reader User's Guide [from Adobe accessibility resources]
- Usability Testing With Screen Readers: Things to Consider