An increasing number of Alliance libraries have either begun performing user testing or have an interest in doing so. There is an increasing interest in user testing resources.
The User Testing Toolkit Project Group (UTTPG) assists the Discovery & User Experience (DUX) Team in accomplishing its annual goals and priorities. The group will focus on building a user testing toolkit to support user testing at Alliance libraries. The toolkit should provide general user testing resources that can be applied across multiple systems/interfaces/areas.
Authority of group: performs operational work, make recommendations
- Product 1: Curate general resources which may include how to’s, process information, software recommendations, and other relevant information.
- Product 2: Solicit, centralize, and provide access to sample user testing documentation and summaries of findings from Alliance libraries as examples.
- Product 3: Prepare sample questions, user tasks, scripts, or other information for libraries to perform user testing on the new Primo UI.
- Product 4: Prepare and provide resources for instruction and reference staff to perform user testing
- Product 5: A toolkit that includes Products 1-4 that can be applied across multiple systems/interfaces/areas.
- Begin recruitment in September
- Group will develop a timeline and anticipated release of products, but a rough estimate is:
- Work on products 1 and 2 for ~ 2 months
- Work on products 3 and 4 for ~2-4 months
Approximately 5 - 8 members
Seeking members who possess experience, knowledge, or an interest in:
- Experience performing user testing
- Experience working with different audiences
1 - 4 hours a week on average
|Holli Kubly, Chair
||University of Oregon
||University of Puget Sound
||Oregon Health and Science University
||Chemeketa Community College
||Western Washington University
|Cassie Schmitt, ex-officio
||Orbis Cascade Alliance
Discovery Documentation page contains links out to the User Testing Toolkit.