Left Menu Right Menu

1. Follow-up on Systems Open Call (Al)
Full recording posted online

2. Systems Team open meeting ideas (Blake)

Potential topics:
Note from Blake that we shouldn’t be too concerned about overlap with other teams
  • GES
  • Display logic rules
  • New release-specific updates
    • Analytics
    • APIs
  • Norm rules (within Alma)
  • Primo new UI, quick demos on:
  • Switching facets
    • Loading/using packages
    • Changing your library logo
  • no-PDS (sort of, tailored for audience)
  • Setting up FTP servers for EDI in Alma
  • Call for additional topics
  • EZProxy setup and maintenance
3. Team support of Ex Libris enhancements processes
  • Primo enhancements cycle / Information point (Al)
    Likely the cycle will be delayed relative to 2015; Al is working to compile enhancement requests
  • Identifying cases that need to be reviewed for submission to NERS
  • Pickup of the Alma enhancement work later this month (Al)
4. Summer meeting planning, updates on Systems Programs

Systems-related sessions
  • Alma APIs
  • Primo day
  • Systems team meeting
  • Systems open team meeting
  • Primo Toolkit Working Group
  • No-PDS auth
Primo morning session (Blake)
  • Customizing main menu (New Search, AtoZ, Journals, Help) and various TILES configuration (Full results, brief display) - 20m
  • Creating and deploying scopes and tabs - 30m
  • Viewing, reading, and understanding PNX records - 10m
  • Customizing look and feel of text within View It/Get It - 15m
  • Using mapping and code tables - 10m
Next steps
  • Scot will consider presenting
  • Bonnie will check in with Stephanie Michel
Primo afternoon session (Alex)

1:00-2:30  Primo 5 UI
  • Accessibility
  • Primo Package Manager
  • PCCWG
  • Other topics?
  • Q&A
2:45-3:30 Lightning talks (BookPlate or Libguides, etc…) - 10-15m
3:30-4:00 Break (with Birds of a feather discussion or bring your issue / )
4:00-5:00  Primo search and relevancy
  • Analytics (Alex and Anne)
  • Relevancy, institutional boost
  • Pipes: creating, running (Nathan?)
Primo day overall schedule

Primo day registrations:
  • Morning session: 48
  • Afternoon session: 52
  • We’ll be posting EZProxy access to PBO how-to before the meeting
5. Systems Team membership (Al)

New members and Blake's appointment as chair-elect announced in the June 17 Systems community update.

6. Whitworth University migration update
(Note go live date of Monday, June 27)

  • On June 20, Ex Libris delivered production Alma data to Whitworth staff. Whitworth's Alma environment is now connected to the production Network Zone.
  • Whitworth technical services and circulation staff are reviewing the data and Whitworth's acceptance sign off is likely to occur by the close of business Tuesday, June 21. At that point, Ex Libris will activate the publishing of data from Whitworth's Alma environment to Primo and Primo Central.
  • The institution expects to enter circulation freeze on Saturday and staff at the circulation desk will be using Alma's Offline Circulation support to check out and check in items over the weekend.
  • Ex Libris' Megan Drake will configure Whitworth's resource sharing/Summit settings on Monday, June 27.
  • Ex Libris is working with Whitworth IT staff on a couple of authentication-related issues, but neither are go live blockers.
7. Managing the Alliance/Systems Team documentation page (Al)

Action item:  Al will reach out to the incoming Systems Team members to identify a documentation manager.

8. Alma July release installed on sandboxes this coming Sunday, June 26

Release notes are expected to be published on Sunday morning.