The Systems Team provides broad oversight and leadership for technologies used by Alliance programs, teams and members. As experts for the consortium, the team investigates new solutions, oversees their implementation, and continually assesses existing systems against emerging needs and technological change to ensure agility and achieve improved functionality, efficiency, and interoperability. The team also monitors vendor compliance with Service Level Agreements and general performance of customer support.
Team FY19 Activities
The Systems Team will plan and implement initiatives identified in the 2019 - 2024 Orbis Cascade Alliance Strategic Plan:
- Data Sharing (led by Central staff, supported by Systems)
- RFP (led by Central staff, supported by Systems)
- Primo Central Package Management/Maintenance
- Alma Release Testing
- NERS Voting (Alma-side led by Systems)
- Open Source SILS Investigation (led by Central staff, supported by Systems)
- Central Analytics Group providing support for Alliance use of Primo/Alma analytics
- Shared/Central IR (led by ULC, supported by Systems)
The Systems Team began its work in spring 2015, following on the work of the Shared ILS implementation-era Systems Working Group. The team has worked on a number of tasks, including management of Alliance participation in the first-ever Alma enhancements process led by the Ex Libris product user groups and leading a set of systems-related presentations at the Alliance's 2015 Summer Meeting.