This page contains links to resources that will help members evaluate and understand the impact of an Alliance move from Primo PBO to Primo VE. New resources will be added as they become available.
If you’re looking for someone local to talk to about Primo VE, you should reach out to the Primo VE “point of contact” assigned by your Dean or Director.
The Alliance began migration to Primo VE in late October 2021, with the goal of going live in late June 2022. Milestone dates for project planning are on the Primo VE Migration Planning page.
Ex Libris Documentation
- Primo VE LibGuide
- Main Primo VE documentation hub on the Knowledge Center
- Go VE program documentation on the Knowledge Center
- Capabilities of Primo VE with Alma
- Primo VE FAQs
- Primo VE release notes
- Primo VE Training and Certification hub
- Accessibility information:
- Ex Libris’s statement on Primo (and VE) accessibility has been updated as of 3/25/2021. This page contains links to the full VPAT for Primo, as well as lists of resolved and outstanding accessibility issues.
- Ex Libris has had a 3rd-party accessibility audit performed by Deque, in an effort to get Primo compliant with WCAG 2.1, Level AA.
- Primo VE Toolkit: PCSG shared customizations updated for VE. Documentation is in progress.
- Using the Development Environment for VE: A presentation by LaVonna Sydow at Reed (Video, 5:27)
- Primo VE Delivery Services Cookbook: Recommendations for styling the Get It/View It section of full records in Primo VE from the PCSG.
- External Sources
- Converting PBO Normalization Rules for External Sources to VE Discovery Imports
- External Sources: A github repository from Blake Galbreath (WSU) for loading OAI-PMH pipes into Primo VE
- Adding Archives West as an external resource
- Resource Types and Normalization Rules
- Updating Permalinks for Redirection at Primo VE Go-Live: The steps for setting up redirection of permalinks and suggestions for dealing with domain name changes.
- VE Cookbook and documentation request form: Please add your documentation, code, ideas, and suggestions directly to the document, or use the request form if there’s something you’d love to see covered that’s missing.
- Creating a Summit Custom Data Scope in Primo VE: Guidance for constructing a local data scope that captures only physical resources linked to the Network Zone.
- Primo VE: Alma Discovery Menu Items: A guide created by Blake Galbreath (WSU) to show the configurations available under each Primo VE configuration menu option.
- Resolved Questions Primo VE Discussion Phase Document
- Bookmarklet to View Label Codes: A bookmarklet to view codes for use in modifying the Labels tables.
- WSU Proof-of-Concept project:
For past webinars in the “Go VE – Become an Expert” series, go to the Ex Libris Primo Webinars page (Primo VE webinars started in earnest on September 9, 2020).
For past webinars in the “Primo VE – Become an Expert” series, go to the Primo VE: Become an Expert Series page (Series webinars held Jan 28 – April 15, 2021).
- Primo VE Demo + Q&A with Michelle Eichelberger from SUNY – November 4th, 2020 (Recording | Questions document)
- ExL webinar on Primo VE configuration management – January 27th, 2021 (90 minutes) (recording | slides | notes)
Sites Using Primo VE
- Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries (PASCAL) Consortium (PDF)
- List created by the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) (link)
Documentation from Other Primo VE Sites
- CalState University System (CSU) – ULMS Discovery Wiki
- Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) – Primo VE Resources page
- State University of New York (SUNY) Libraries consortium – Discovery FAQs