This page contains links to resources that will help members evaluate and understand the impact of an Alliance move from Primo PBO to Primo VE. New resources will be added as they become available.
If you’re looking for someone local to talk to about Primo VE, you should reach out to the Primo VE “point of contact” assigned by your Dean or Director.
The Alliance will be starting migration to Primo VE in late October 2021 with the goal of going live in late June 2022.
Ex Libris Documentation
- NEW! (and cool) Primo VE LibGuide
- Main Primo VE documentation hub on the Knowledge Center
- Go VE program documentation on the Knowledge Center
- Capabilities of Primo VE with Alma
- Primo VE FAQs
- Primo VE release notes
- Primo VE Training and Certification hub
- Accessibility information:
- Ex Libris’s statement on Primo (and VE) accessibility has been updated as of 3/25/2021. This page contains links to the full VPAT for Primo, as well as lists of resolved and outstanding accessibility issues.
- Ex Libris has had a 3rd-party accessibility audit performed by Deque, in an effort to get Primo compliant with WCAG 2.1, Level AA.
- Primo VE: Alma Discovery Menu Items (view-only access) A guide created by Blake Galbreath (WSU) to show the configurations available under each Primo VE configuration menu option.
- Resolved Questions Primo VE Discussion Phase Document (view-only access)
- Authentication Questions Unanswered (view-only access)
- Authentication Questions Answered (view-only access)
- WSU Proof-of-Concept project: Meeting notes 11/18/2020 (view-only access)
- WSU Proof-of-Concept project: Meeting notes 12/8/2020 (view-only access).
- WSU Proof-of-Concept project: Meeting notes 12/15/2020 (view-only access).
Webinars listed are free to attend unless otherwise noted. When times are given, they are for the U.S. Pacific time zone.
- No new VE webinars are scheduled at this time.
For past webinars in the “Go VE – Become an Expert” series, go to the Ex Libris Primo Webinars page (Primo VE webinars started in earnest on September 9, 2020).
For past webinars in the “Primo VE – Become an Expert” series, go to the Primo VE: Become an Expert Series page (Series webinars held Jan 28 – April 15, 2021).
- Primo VE Demo + Q&A with Michelle Eichelberger from SUNY – November 4th, 2020 (Recording | Questions document)
- ExL webinar on Primo VE configuration management – January 27th, 2021 (90 minutes) (recording | slides | notes)
Sites Using Primo VE
- Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries (PASCAL) Consortium (PDF)
- List created by the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) (link)
Documentation from Other Primo VE Sites
- Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) – Primo VE Resources page
- State University of New York (SUNY) Libraries consortium – Discovery FAQs