June 19, 2015
Alliance E-books - Changes for the New Fiscal Year
Publishers continue to raise short term loan rates and embargo front list titles, and those changes are challenging how we manage the DDA collection and keep the service on budget. The working group will implement several changes in the coming year to shrink the pool, increase the rate of purchase, and keep costs down. Here is a summary of what to expect:
- Pressure on publishers to reduce the multiplier (currently set at 500% of list price)
- Reduction of the short term loan purchase trigger (currently set at 15)
- Removal of Brill and NYU Press titles due to front list embargoes
- Removal of SAGE titles due to price increases
- Removal of titles over $200, and the establishment of a $200 price cap
- Removal of 2012 and earlier titles in our annual pool reduction
Expect to see a master list of titles to be removed within the next two weeks. Like last year, a library use report will be created as well so libraries may purchase titles independently. Removal will take place the weekend of August 7-10.
Just a reminder that the Shared Content Team and Representatives will meet on the morning of July 9 at the Summer Meeting. Fill out the survey to register your library's interest in potential discussion topics.