Present: Gordon Aamot (University of Washington), Serin Anderson (St. Martin’s University), Amy Coughenour (Concordia University), Jill Emery (Portland State University), Kathi Carlisle Fountain (Program Manager, Orbis Cascade Alliance), Tina Hovekamp (Council Liaison, Central Oregon Community College), Kris Kern (Portland State University), Corey Murata (University of Washington), Mike Olson (Chair, Western Washington University)
1. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 1:05pm.
2. Minutes & Notes
The minutes for the June 12 meeting were approved and distributed via email prior to today’s meeting. Mike Olson is taking today’s notes.
3. SCT Institutional Representatives’ feedback & draft talking points for Summer Meeting
Based on feedback from SCT Institutional Representatives, we will focus on the top three items of interest as expressed by the reps:
- Future direction of shared content in the Alliance
- E-book programs and the future of e-books in the Alliance
- Central record management in Alma, including its relationship to the Alliance's e-resources services
We discussed showing the actual slide that Kathi presented to us at today’s meeting (Mike will bring a digital copy).
The thought is that we’ll spend 30 minutes per bulleted talking point, spending approximately 10 minutes on what SCT has done, 5 minutes on what SCT will do next, and 15 minutes on Q&A.
Throughout, we should ask reps whether SCT’s actions coincide with their expectations.
We should also anticipate answering “Which roles shall reps play in a new Alliance leadership?”
Finally, let’s ask reps: “What may not be represented that reps wish SCT to advocate for?”
ACTION ITEM: Corey kindly volunteered to take notes at our July 9 meeting with Institutional Representatives.
4. Progress of presentations for Summer Meeting
Our three subgroups are prepared – or will be prepared – by the Summer Meeting. Our presentations:
- Shared eBooks: Updates, Challenges, and Opportunities
- WEST and the Alliance: New Directions
- Alma License Module at the Institution and Network Level
5. SCT photo slide (aka “Photos ‘R’ Us”)
Kathi asked everyone to send photos of themselves for a slide that Kathi and I will share when speaking about SCT during the Policy & Coordination Team’s presentation at the Council Meeting on Thursday July 9.
6. Review Summer Meeting program
We reviewed the program briefly. There will be air conditioning!
Wednesday July 8, 6:00 p.m.
SCT dinner at The American Local
3003 SE Division St
Portland, OR 97202
Name on reservation: Kathi Fountain Alliance will fund dinner and drinks, except alcohol
(thank you for organizing, Kathi!)
Meeting adjourned at 1:55 p.m.
Next meeting: Today’s meeting was the last scheduled meeting. Subsequent meetings shall be scheduled after the Summer Meeting.