Left Menu Right Menu


GoToMeeting

Present: Gordon Aamot (University of Washington), Serin Anderson (St. Martin’s University), Amy Coughenour (Concordia University), Jill Emery (Portland State University), Kathi Carlisle Fountain (Program Manager, Orbis Cascade Alliance), Tina Hovekamp (Council Liaison, Central Oregon Community College), Kris Kern (Portland State University), Corey Murata (University of Washington), Mike Olson (Chair, Western Washington University)

Minutes kindly taken by Kris.

1. John Helmer Retirement

John is retiring next March. The Board will decide how to proceed with replacing him.  He is happy about this change and ready to pursue new things.


2. Cooperative Collection Development  – Data Needs [Draft document, JE and KCF]

Jill Emery reported that the Center of Excellence on Analytics met to discuss what to collect. This process will stretch the Alliance and Ex Libris in terms of how we want to develop a system to retrieve the information we determine we want. With the Shared Content Team, the Centers of Excellence have a year to establish systems in place with Ex Libris.

  • From the CCD document, count of material types by institution
  • Now that all institutions are on the same system it will help define if the three copy rule for duplicate print books purchased is reasonable
  • Identify areas of intense use
  • Other areas to focus on at the consortial level: 1) duplicate print copies. CDMC was looking backward but running regular reports to assess improvement; 2) holdings by language as an opportunity for cooperation.
  • Can feedback be sent next week? (MO) It’s a place to start, create reports to fill a need. KCF has experience using reporting features. What else might we wish to do?
  • Reports can be shared with staff.
  • Still not a priority order to the goals. Still information gathering and initial conversation.
  • Example of print duplicate numbers – what is the intended audience for material, i.e. undergraduate or graduate? Useful information? Available in the bib record?
  • Information can be sent to Shared Content institutional representatives, but contextualized – what can be extracted from Alma analytics.  Jill is willing to send to the reps. She stressed that there is only a year to complete this process.  It needs to be sent out early. Send feedback to KCF or JE as soon as possible.

3. Updates at future SCT meetings – acknowledge and create time for regular and ad hoc updates during SCT meetings

CCD is an example update

4. Summer meeting

Kathi will organize a team dinner on July 8.

Programs:

  • Alma: Corey, Gordon and Kathi
  • West: Jill, Mike and Kris; Kathi will attend
  • Shared E Books: Serin, Amy, Kathi, Jim Bunnelle and possibly Sara (?)


Kathi will update program listing presenters


Presentation team members will work together on their program


Discussion topics for reps. There are four time blocks to fill. Questions: who facilitates, who sends the topics.


Mike and Kathi will develop a list of topics; Kathi will send out a survey for reps to rank, collate and send results to SCT.


Team time is one hour which follows the meeting with reps. From the representative’s feedback the time can be used to plan the team’s direction, draft short and long term goals.

5. Critical messages for reps

Mike will send a welcome message to the reps and send summer meeting program next week.


Gordon recommended sending a quarterly message from SCT chair to reps that is inclusive, informative and participative.