After the first two workshops, you’ve got a handle on DACS compliance and have created a collection-level description in EAD. Now we’ll build the portion of a finding aid that offers the rich detail of archival description: the component level.
Before attending the workshop, please do the following:
- Review this documentation:
- EAD Best Practices Guidelines (BPG)
- Please have the BPGs on hand during the workshop, along with the Guide to the Carita Gertrude Smith Papers.
- Watch this recording:
- Come prepared to discuss your homework assignment from Workshop 2. One or two individuals will be invited to present their homework.
- Review the instructions and ground rules, and ensure that you are joining from your own computer and have both a microphone and headphones. The workshop is not a broadcast; it is a discussion.
- Create a component-level hierarchy for the finding aid you’ve been working with in a word processing file.
- Be prepared to share!