After the first workshop, you’ve got a handle on DACS compliance. Now we’ll learn the basic structure of EAD and create a collection-level description.
Before attending the workshop, please do the following:
- Review the documentation:
- The Alliance’s EAD Best Practices
- EAD Required Elements handout
- Please have these on hand during the workshop, along with the Guide to the Carita Gertrude Smith Papers.
- Watch these videos:
- Complete the preparatory assignment below. It form the basis for 30 minutes of discussion in the workshop. Discussion is more fun if everyone is prepared!
- Review the instructions and ground rules, and ensure that you are joining from your own computer and have both a microphone and headphones. The workshop is not a broadcast; it is a discussion.
- Come prepared to discuss your homework from Workshop 1. You do not need to email the assignment to the instructor ahead of time.Two willing volunteers will be chosen to present. If you’re not chosen this workshop, it will come around to you!
Please take the finding aid that you marked up with the required DACS fields and add the required elements and attributes. Use this handout of the required elements and attributes.
Have this in an electronic format and be prepared to share. You do not need to email the assignment to the instructor ahead of time.