Systems Program Manager Position Description
The Program Manager works with member libraries, vendors, consortium staff, and Alliance teams to oversee, coordinate, develop and assess the Systems Program. This position also provides support for Alliance-wide systems, including Ex Libris' Alma and Primo products (using a Network Zone), as well as other centrally managed services. The Program Manager leads the Systems Program and supervises the Alliance”s Information Technology Manager. This position is key to maintaining regular and productive interactions between the consortium and Ex Libris, and proactively leads Alliance efforts in this area. In collaboration with a member-led team, this position primarily focuses on the following activities:
- Systems Support for the Shared Integrated Library System (SILS)
- Represent the consortium to numerous parties regarding our work with our SILS Vendor
- Lead other Systems Management Activities to have awareness of Alliance members” systems that integrate with the SILS, or that are otherwise used by members
- Work with other Alliance colleagues and team members to support improved processes, documentation and other collaboration infrastructure
Guided by the consortium's mission, vision, values, and strategic agenda, work is non-routine and requires a creative approach to program management and leadership. This position is expected to exercise great latitude in determining organizational process associated with large, complex, distributed, and high-profile projects.
- Masters in library and information science, or other applicable post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressive responsibility and leadership in a library, archive, consortium, vendor or equivalent setting.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in the management and maintenance of computing systems in an academic library.
- Experience managing successful projects in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends related to information technology.
- Experience in product or program management, usability and interface design, assessment, software development, advanced work with Integrated Library System products, system administration, academic libraries or consortia, particularly Ex LIbris' Alma / Primo.
- Advanced knowledge of the methods and practices associated with multiple areas of academic libraries.
- Experience in library consortia.
- Demonstrated personnel management experience, including hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
Appointment and Salary: Orbis Cascade Alliance is a 501(c)(3) serving 39 academic libraries in Washington, Idaho and Oregon. This position is a full time, twelve-month position and the Alliance does not use a rank or tenure system. Benefits include 20 days of vacation, a generous retirement plan, and paid premiums for employee and all dependents for health/dental/life/disability insurance; details here. Salary is expected to be within $75,000-97,750 annually. The position may be based in the Portland, Oregon metro area (working from home) or working from our small Eugene, Oregon office.
Please send applications consisting of a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Applications received by June 15 will receive first consideration. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Orbis Cascade Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace.