The Primo Enhancements Project Group is tasked with supporting Alliance participation in the 2019 Primo enhancements cycle. The enhancements timeline announced by the Primo Product Working groups is available on the ELUNA website.
The charge of the project group is defined in the ELUNA Membership Proposal adopted by the Alliance Board early in 2015. In brief, the process outlined by that document includes the following steps:
- During the first two weeks of the review period (when the enhancement list has gone out but voting has not yet begun), the Alliance forms a team that will review the full list of enhancement requests to determine which ones are important for the Alliance to move forward. These will be enhancements that impact all or most Alliance libraries, so they reflect our shared needs.
- A survey will be sent out to all member institutions. Institutions will be asked to prioritize Alliance-identified enhancement requests.
- The survey will provide a text-entry opportunity for institutions to identify any enhancement requests that didn't make the Alliance list but are a high priority for that institution. This will allow the Alliance team to identify any areas where votes might cancel each other out and handle those on a case-by-case basis.
- The Alliance will analyze the resulting data and provide Alliance libraries with a list of enhancements to vote on, and a recommendation on how to distribute the 70 points allotted to the Alliance vote.
- Institutions will be free to use the remaining 30 vote points for either institutional needs or to further support the Alliance-identified shared interests.
- Anne Pepitone (UW), Chair
- Rami Attebury (UID)
- Stewart Baker (WOU)
- Ahniwa Ferrari (EVSC)
- Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen (OIT)
- Lorena O'English (WSU)
- Kimberly Willson-St.Clair (PSU)