Norm Rules Advisory Group charge
Approved by Discovery and Delivery Team 02.23.2016
The Norm Rules Advisory Group (NRAG) will work under the Normalization Rules Working Group. It will be composed of staff from Alliance libraries with strong expertise in discovery, Alma cataloging and metadata, and Primo normalization rules.
Outcomes for this group include:
- Soliciting suggestions from Alliance libraries for improvement to Primo discovery that can be achieved by changes to normalization rules.
- Identifying Alliance member consensus on desired display and functionality of bibliographic metadata in the Primo catalog.
- Communicating a prioritized list of desired Primo discovery improvements to the Discovery and Delivery Team’s Normalization Rules Working Group for review and approval.
- Identifying the need for Alliance-wide metadata policies for improved discovery, and submitting draft policies to the Collaborative Workforce Team’s Technical Services Working Group for review and approval.
- Primo normalization rules,
- Alma bibliographic metadata,
- The relationships between norm rules and metadata
- The impact of norm rules and metadata on discovery
The membership of the advisory group will consist of:
- Chair, nominated by the Discovery and Delivery Team’s Normalization Rules Working Group and appointed by Discovery and Delivery Team’s Program Manager and Chair.
- The Chair must have a minimum of 6 months’ experience on the Normalization Rules Working Group.
- 2 members nominated by the Collaborative Workforce Team’s Technical Services Working Group and appointed by Collaborate Workforce Team’s Program Manager and Chair.
- Members must have in-depth experience and knowledge of cataloging, and a desire to get involved in Alliance level work. It would be helpful if at least one TSWG representative had expertise in archives and/or special collections metadata.
- 2 members nominated by the Discovery and Delivery Team and appointed by Discovery and Delivery Team Program Manager and Chair.
- Members should have experience/familiarity with Primo user needs and expectations.