Oxford University Press / University of California Press
One of two new ebook acquisition models for fiscal year 2018, the Alliance will be purchasing outright all Oxford University Press (OUP) and University of California Press (UC) ebooks published July 2017-June 2018, approximately 1200 new OUP titles and 140 UC Press ebooks on the Oxford Scholarship Online http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/ /University Press Scholarship Online http://california.universitypressscholarship.com platform, DRM-free as they become available, on behalf of member institutions.
Alliance participants will have access to an additional 16,000 earlier imprints during the 12-month term, DRM-free, on the Oxford Scholarship Online/ University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform (UPSO = University of California Press titles). Most titles cover the areas of humanities and social sciences, with some science and medicine subject coverage. Oxford/UC has agreed to partner with GOBI Libraries services so that program titles will appear in GOBI to aid Gobi customers in avoiding unwanted duplication.
Note: Any titles not available on the OSO/UPSO platform (e.g., Oxford Bibliographies Online, Oxford Handbooks Online, Oxford Reference Online, Oxford Research Encyclopedias, etc.) are not included as part of this package.
- Alma Network Zone E-Collection: Oxford University Press Ebooks (Orbis Cascade Alliance)
- Available for: All Alliance Member Libraries
- Public note in each OUP/UC Press discovery portfolio: Orbis Cascade Oxford University Press Discovery Resource
- Public note in each OUP/UC Press purchased portfolio: Orbis Cascade Oxford Purchased Resource
- Proxy Settings: Access to titles requires local proxy server authentication
- All portfolios are set to require authentication
- Bibliographic records are provided by OCLC and are generally of good quality.
- Bibliographic records for new titles will be received at least monthly. Titles (and records) are deleted infrequently