This group will assist the Discovery and User Experience (DUX) Team in gathering and sharing accessibility policies and practices with the Alliance community.
- Develop Toolkit
- Collect information about accessibility policies and practices
- Create and publish accessibility toolkit and share via open call and listservs
- Share policy and practice information with the community in open calls
- Ongoing Toolkit Maintenance & Improvement
- Collect toolkit use data and gather member feedback on toolkit
- Supplement toolkit with advanced accessibility materials and training
As the DUX Team moved through the strategic planning process in 2018-19, accessibility rose to the top as an Alliance focus area. Based on feedback from the Alliance/NWACC joint accessibility survey, there was a clear need for easily accessible resources and trainings on a variety of aspects of accessibility.