Left Menu Right Menu

Index of Meetings






2:00 PM, September 1, 2015

Return to Top

Please join my meeting, Tuesday, September 01, 2015 at 2:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/595601269


Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 595-601-269

Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 595-601-269


Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Mindy Muzatko (minutes) , Stephanie Michel, Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto,  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


GTM - Discovery & Delivery Team



Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

    Action item from last meeting - title cases bigger than an action item.  Project?  Policy issue?  


  1. Primo Enhancements Working Group Members (Kelly)

    i.  Need people from other groups including 3 from D & D.  Al putting out the call

       Jennifer, Stephanie, Kelly volunteered

  1. WG updates    

    • Norm Rules (Lesley)

      1. Next training session Friday, 9/4

      2. Conversation with TSWG on OCLC metadata cleanup obstacles

    Options for cleanup within the Alliance

      1. Enhancement request regarding PCI resource types forthcoming (next week)

    Want to put PCI through our own norm rules. Will send request to Keith

      1. Punchlist review continues

    Lesley has filed a request for Gov Docs item number issue to get it on the punchlist.  NRWG Request form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e6vA-Bs0yO2_JvqXJmJrMDBWklfesub2AjmpvP6Ie6I/viewform

    • Primo Release Testing (Stephanie)

      1. nothing to report

    • Summit 3 COE (Jesse)

      1. Moshe walked us through the locate process on Wed (8/26) - we recorded the call and posted it to the D&D website along with some additional documentation.

      2. Ongoing Synchronization Problems - Moshe had previously said a network timeout error was causing problems; ExL had a fix scheduled for September, but that has now been pushed back to November (although we”re still pressing for an earlier October release)

      3. Next call is scheduled for 9/9

      4. Also sent out an email about the Comment field in the Summit request form; this is something UW was asking about; I”ve already received a lot of feedback, but I”m not sure if people understand how that information is being used (it just adds an extra note to the lender”s paging slip); will discuss with SWG team and report back


  1. Primo Interface Alliance level plan Charge(Kelly)

        i.    Kelly and Keith attending board meeting.  Hear from John what the end goal is.

            Standardize?  Common language for the user.  User experience working group?


  1. Alma September Released to Sandbox August 23 (Keith)

    Reps look over release notes then report back, bring in other staff to review.  Report     that they did look at the notes, add comments as needed. Google form possible

    format.



  1. Delivery Open Call Follow-up(Jesse)

    • Do we want to send out a survey to generate a list of all the Summit allowable item types at the various libraries - Example from Millennium

    i.    Use MilCirc as a starting point  Jesse will put this at the top of the next open call

    • Authentication of visiting patrons. Best practices.

    i.    Have a call just on visiting patrons.  Provide guidelines.


  1. Discovery Open Call  Follow -up (Kelly)

    • October 26th  Barbara Valentine guest hosting. Focused on teaching.


  1. Removing Institution Codes from Primo Institution Names (Keith)

        Keith put in a case

        Keith will put out an e-mail to the DD community and systems


  1. Priority issues (Keith)

    • Meeting September 2


  1. Additions from D&D Team Members? Move to next week

    • Email for PCI updates (Keith)

    • PDS Going Away, Discussions Starting (Keith)

    • CCRLS Record Load (Keith)


2:00pm, September 08, 2015

Return to Top

Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Stephanie Michel (minutes), Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto,  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


GTM - Discovery & Delivery Team

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

    Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/567510469

    You can also dial in using your phone.

    United States +1 (571) 317-3112

    Access Code: 567-510-469



Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

    • Action items from last week have been completed.

    • Institution names have all been updated.

  2. WG updates    

    • Norm Rules (Lesley)

      1. Next renorm/reindex? (Keith)

        • October 15-19 is next renorm/reindex window (starting after close of business Oct 15)

        • NRWG has run tests in small sandbox, but would ideally test for about 3 weeks in premium sandbox before moving to production

        • Recommend running a renorm on October 15 so that all records are being normalized by current norm rules

        • Weekends of October 15th, 22nd, and 29th have no institutional conflicts; only 1 institutional conflict during weekends in November; multiple renorm jobs could be run during that timeframe

      2. Upcoming meeting with ExL on reducing time needed (Keith)

        • Ex Libris wants to schedule a meeting soon to discuss speeding up the renorm/reindex time; they are still working on this issue

      3. Training is wrapping up; new members to start editing rules on small sandbox after this week’s training session.

        • Second training session last Friday, last (?) training session this Friday. Newly trained users are experimenting on the small sandbox.

        • Once small sandbox is updated to Primo July Release, they will sync the small sandbox with the premium sandbox

      4. Enhancement request for PCI post-processing coming next week.

        • Seeking option to add fields to PCI records by running them through a secondary normalization pipe

        • NRWG is writing a draft which will be submitted to Keith next week.

        • Next step?: submit an Alliance-wide case?  Get feedback from Discovery & Delivery?

        • ACTION: Lesley will bring a draft to next week’s D&D meeting

    • Primo Release Testing (Stephanie)

      1. Sent out an email announcement this week to begin recruiting a new member.  Deadline is September 21.

    • Summit 3 COE (Jesse)

      1. nothing new to report this week; next COE call is scheduled for 9/9

      2. Will continue to review the Locate process

      3. Need to discuss prioritization and day-to-day issues (such as Locate process and synchronization) before going back to Ex Libris

      4. An Ex Libris call is scheduled for tomorrow; a team meeting will take place afterwards


  1. Recruiting new team member (Kelly)

    • ACTION: D&D team members should think of potential candidates and send them to Keith and Kelly

    • ACTION: Keith will ask Anya or John if they have recommendations (or names of people who may have been considered for appointment to the team)

    • Seeking a member with Circulation and/or Resource Sharing experience

    • Jennifer Ward suggested some potential names


  1. Email for PCI updates (Keith)

    • Salesforce email notifications now work for PCI updates, as well as systems issues and other areas.


  1. PDS Going Away, Discussions Starting (Keith)

    • Ex Libris wants to get rid of PDS (authentication)

    • Want to set up authentication to connect directly to institutions’ authentication server (Shibboleth, LDAP, etc.) rather than passing through PDS

    • Ex Libris is seeking an institution to test this and go live with it within the next month; this turnaround time seems fairly short

      1. We need adequate time to fully test this

    • There would be a configuration within Back Office for institutions to manage the configuration

      1. Concern about ability of all institutions to manage configurations; extra time may be needed to work with campus IT departments that may need to be involved in any changes


  1. CCRLS Record Load (Keith)

    • Record load was attempted last week, but the job got hung up by another job that was running.

    • The next attempt should only take 5-10 minutes; only impact would be a brief effect on RTA (real time availability)

    • We will give the go ahead to run this process in the sandbox


  1. Priority issues (Keith)

    • Meeting September 2

    • Expanded role and membership

      1. Al has asked teams to bring members with strong technical background to participate in the Priority issues meetings, and also a separate meeting without Ex Libris; more similar to SILS iTeam

      2. Jesse and Jennifer have agreed to serve in this capacity

      3. It would help to set priorities in advance of the meeting of key issues to be addressed and to clearly communicate what we need / hope to get from the meeting


  1. Additions from D&D Team Members?

    • Renaming institutions (Keith) - Done!

    • Standard sandbox updates (Keith)

      1. Standard (small) sandbox will be kept in sync with Primo releases

    • Miri Botzer and Primo UI development

      1. She will reach out sometime soon to set up some demonstrations about where they are at with the development of the new Primo UI

    • Primo unification / standardization (between institutions)

      1. Primo is not a stand-alone product; it is integrated into the library’s web presence, instructional materials, and is adapted to the needs of their users

      2. This would be a good point of discussion for a future open Discovery call

      3. There are areas where consistency makes sense (e.g. removing institution codes); other areas will be more complicated

      4. New Primo UI will be key to this discussion; need to coordinate with other groups as well (assessment, systems, etc.); also observe how other consortiums are handling these issues (such as Cal State).  Some of the Primo 5 beta testers are also consortia members; in her role on the working group Jennifer can see what they are working on.

      5. Question of the cost of customization to individual institutions (and ROI).

      6. How important is Alliance branding on the system?  Redefine what Summit is in the new environment.

      7. Make this topic a standing agenda item?

    • Primo Toolkit Working Group has its first meeting on Thursday (Lesley)

      1. ACTION: Lesley will report back next week


2:00pm, Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Return to Top

Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Stephanie Michel (unable to attend), Jennifer Ward (minutes), Dena Hutto,  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom, John Helmer (2:30pm)


Credentials

Tue, Sep 15, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time


    Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/628148693


    You can also dial in using your phone.

    United States +1 (872) 240-3212


    Access Code: 628-148-693


Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:


  1. WG updates    

    • Norm Rules (Lesley)

      1. Enhancement request for PCI post-processing .

        1. Seeking option to add fields to PCI records by running them through a secondary normalization pipe

        2. Next step?: submit an Alliance-wide case?  Get feedback from Discovery & Delivery?

ExL may or may not want to allow us to do post-processing on PCI records - they haven”t yet been receptive to changes to the types they assign.

NRWG would write the NR part of that post-processing. Ideal scenario: do you also want PCI records to go through alliance pipe? Could be same pipes as Alma records or a new set of pipes.

Another case/enhancement request coming for date range processing.

      1. New ER for date range searching will be reviewed by NRWG next week.

      2. Training is done, new members are practicing NR edits in the small sandbox.

      3. Timeline for Fall change rollouts:

        1. Target is October 15th for some ‘low hanging fruit’ already identified in the punchlist review.

    will need to do some work in the premium sandbox soon (Oct 1-ish -

renorm/reindex then). NRWG needs to test, etc. before rollout to

production.

        1. Second target is Thanksgiving weekend renorm (Nov 26-30, one conflict).

conflict, but good time w/ the holiday weekend.

        1. Plan is to test 1-2 issues at a time in Premium sandbox in advance of moving all changes to production.  There will be multiple one-week testing cycles this Fall.

    1. Primo Release Testing (Stephanie)

      1. The committee”s current task is to seek a new member of the working group (to replace Megan Drake)

      2. Deadline for contacting Stephanie and Keith is Monday, Sept. 21

      3. To date I have sent the initial announcement and one reminder, but have received no inquiries.

    2. Summit 3 COE (Jesse)

      1. We had a working group call earlier this morning -- Agenda

      2. Some of the issues we discussed included:

        1. Ongoing Syncing Problems - Alma timeout is likely the culprit. e.g., sending messages (ready to be sent, lending library doesn”t get message), w/ patron accounts? (UW, Reed (00173598))

        2. Possible reprioritization of cases on our punch list -- making a distinction between how much development time the enhancement will require vs. the immediate impact to our patrons/staff members (we feel like categorizing a problem as a ‘low priority’ is misleading)

        3. Comment field in Primo - consistency in the UI would be a low hanging fruit; related UX issue: requesting multiple volumes - use comment or volume field in request form.

        4. Asking ExL to create a new status queue in Alma for damaged/lost items

        5. Diacritical marks -- continue to be a problem from a searching standpoint

   

   

        1. Undo button -- discussed different scenarios where this would be useful

        2. Visiting Summit patrons -- this will be a topic on our next open call (9/24)

    ‘shouldn”t be hard to implement’? what about FERPA/HIIPA compliance?

        1. Summit lending policies across the Alliance

          1. circulating materials

          2. ITypes

          3. Initial feedback from David Ketchum (UO): ‘I have concerns about an Alliance-wide policy to keep lendable location names updated in a shared location.  We have over 200 locations at UO, these change periodically (some added, some dropped), as do their lendability, based on different local circumstances.  It”s also true that we have many media locations, not just DVD or CD for example, and some of our media locations circulate and others don”t….so a more specified list would be necessary if a library is wondering if an item will circulate or not before placing a request.  Also, I can”t imagine a circumstance at our library where someone would refer to such a list before submitting a request on behalf of a patron.  It undermines the unmediated value of Summit borrowing, and we help so many patrons and submit so many requests each day that we prefer to just let the system do its work. As it is, we already have to set locations to lendable or not in Alma and keep this up to date as things change, as well as in other RS systems (Relais, IDS Logic, etc.), this is just one more that we don”t have time for unless there is substantial value.’

   
    As long as there is an ‘it varies’ answer, the data gathered should

be useful as well as relatively easy for libraries to update.


  1. New team member (Kelly)

    • Recruiting an additional member; the deadline for applying is next Monday, September 21

A name was put forward. General consensus was that this person would be a strong addition to the Team. Send any additional comments to Kelly


  1. Primo Toolkit Working Group (Lesley) move to next week

    • Inaugural meeting held Thursday.  Next meeting is next week, to meet weekly thereafter.

    • Discussion of timeline/charge, broad areas of Primo customization.

    • Members are gathering examples of desirable Primo customizations for inclusion in the Toolkit.


  1. Priority issues (Keith)move to next week

    • Expanded role and membership

    • Gathering issues for October”s meeting


  1. Additions from D&D Team Members? move to next week

    • Idea for Alliance Enhancement Request process - (Lesley)

      1. Solicit submissions in an ongoing fashion from reps and team chairs.  

        1. This might be done via open call agendas or through email to team chairs from reps.

        2. Each team chair/liaison could keep a file of submitted NERS issues for their team up-to-date for review.

      2. Team chairs + Alliance staff liaisons meet monthly (or quarterly) to review submissions.

        1. Issues not accepted are sent back to requester for local (vs. Alliance) submission.

        2. Duplicate Issues already in NERS are considered for support.

        3. The frequency of review means folks with unaccepted issues don”t wait around all year for an answer, only to be told no.

      3. At beginning of voting process (June/July-ish), review all previously approved submissions for the year, send all but top 8-10 (?) back to requesters for local submission.

      4. Alliance-approved issues submitted to NERS.

    • Quarterly check-in on enhancement requests.


  1. John Helmer:  On Primo Usability/Consistency (joins call at 2:30pm)


  • Board hasn”t yet taken this up yet (timing)

  • Motivated by implementation, the incredible learning curve; now we know a lot and are working together on discovery much better.

  • Balancing act: consistency vs local needs

  • What level of expertise does each member need to successfully run the discovery side? (didn”t know we”d need a web developer)

  • Usability concerns

  • Don”t necessarily need it to be one homogenous blob.

  • Currently no known action item.


        ? developing an out of the box primo config that has all essentials? Dena: what do you think

is missing?


Best practices? Mandates? Recommended direction? Many ways to go. Need to be aware

of Primo5 and its developments.


Interest in pursuing this effort, but it”s a long-term project.


? how far does the Primo Toolkit WG go towards helping to address some of the desire to

support one another in customizing the UI? IMO (jlw) it does address some of those needs,

or at least starts to. ???

PTWG has talked about this in their first meeting - we feel that our charge covers this, at least in part - to provide shared documentation for PBO customizations that are useful for multiple institutions, as well as composable code modules for ‘deeper’ customizations. (@LFL)

<3 this! (jlw)


2:00 PM, September 22, 2015


Return to Top

Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Stephanie Michel, Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto(minutes),  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Lori Hilterbrand, Keith Folsom



Credentials


Tue, Sep 22, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time


    Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/990637045



    You can also dial in using your phone.

    United States +1 (224) 501-3412


    Access Code: 990-637-045


Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

Kelly: Welcome to new member Lori Hilterbrand!

Stephanie: 0 volunteers for working group.  What’s the strategy from here? Action item for today’s meeting.



  1. WG updates    

    • Norm Rules (Lesley)

Lesley: WG met this mroning. Drafted new function request for date range functionality, link below.

      1. Draft enhancement request for date range searching functionality.  

        1. Please review and edit/comment. Editable document; if you see things that need to change please edit directly or use comment function.  This has been an issue since go-live for resources w/ range of dates. You can retrieve only beginning or ending date, not range. Example: archival collection at WWU.  In problem section, focused on user impact as much as possible.  Will deliver to DD next week.


      1. Review / move of documents from SILSdocs to new group page. This page isn’t going away, but there will be a new group page, so this is a good time to review these documents before moving to new location, to be determined.

      2. First round of NR changes slated for October 15. These are items (below) to move forward within this timeframe.  Might be able to fit in short-term fixes sooner. Premium sandboxing window will be 10/5-12 for all Alliance DD reps. Asking reps to look at changes in premium sandbox and respond by the 12th. Plan is to move selected changes forward in time for next reindexing. Al and Keith have told ExL that we need the premium sandbox by 10/1.

        1. Search indexing of MARC 250 edition statement

        2. Fix for electronic monographic series showing as print books

        3. Display of 502 in Publisher field regardless of subfield coding

        4. Display of MARC 074 gov doc item number in identifier section

        5. Plus others as time allows. (testing window October 5-12)

      3. Ongoing punchlist review - 27/48 issues have been reviewed. Continuing to review 48 suggestions on punch list.  WG has addressed 28; categorizing how to approach; refer, deal with now, need feedback, etc. Little over halfway.  Jesse: How is documentation being handled w/in the Alliance?  Does documentation need to be behind a password? Lesley has contacted Cassie about that, as documentation is in her purview. Jesse will also contact Cassie.


    • Primo Release Testing (Stephanie)

      1. Update about recruiting a new member: deadline has passed with no volunteers

            Discussed reasons for lack of volunteers; instruction/reference staff might be busy with start of semester and/or not paying attention; people might have a misconception that more technical expertise is needed, while really we need someone with good attention to detail. May be daunted by the time commitment, but work is concentrated around the Primo quarterly releases, so that is fairly predictable. Should we move on to nominations rather than volunteers? Stephanie will ask for volunteers on the next discovery call.


    • Summit 3 COE (Jesse)

      1. Nothing new to report since our last WG call on Tuesday (9/15)

      2. Our next COE call with ExL is scheduled for tomorrow. We will be discussing proposed fixes and actual timetables for implementation.

      3. Plus we will also be addressing the rash of summit outages we’ve been seeing lately at PSU, OIT, and Whitman. The first two were probably a result of local TOU config changes, whereas WHIT’s was the result of an attempt to set up their Alma/ILLiad connection, but it would be nice to know for sure.  Will work through these examples with ExL to discover what the actual problems are and how libraries may be able to work through issues themselves. Level of break was different in these cases. Whitman experienced a more widespread outage; PSU and OIT weren’t able to borrow from specific partners. Will have more information at the discovery open call tomorrow.


  1. Discovery Open Call (Kelly)

    ○      Agenda in progress. Primo Release Testing WG Member. Renorm/Reindex windows - Makes sure don’t have any changes since June.  Want to touch base w/ people to make sure those windows haven’t changed.  Nathan Mealey confirmed that he will give broad overview of what the Primo toolkit working group will be doing.  Other ideas: Jesse - Summit requests for e-articles problem. Whitman: lot of discussion on tech services list & discovery implications. How can we include/should we include tech services on discovery call issues? Leslie - that case is w/ ExL and they’re working on it. Don’t know whether there is anything we can discuss that will make a difference at DDT level, although it wouldn’t hurt to update people and let them know it’s still a problem. KP & Jesse - that would be great.We have id’ed that in some cases relinking the record to the network zone will work, but no way to regroup records for relinking. Lesley will put something together on this issue for the open call.


  1. Delivery Open Call (Jesse)

    • agenda is currently in the works; I’ll be sending that out later today along with the invite

    • topics will include

      1. visiting patrons - Alliance policy, Alma config, and live demo (Shanel & Kate). This shoudl be straightforward: 20-30 minutes.

      2. recent NZ partner problems/Summit outages for PSU, OIT & Whitman.                                           Need to submit high priority cases like these immediately; get Jesse and Keith involved to bump up the priority level.

      3. “missing” ExtIDs. Email from library concerned about external identifiers in Summit requests. Requests should be sequential. Issue has to do w/ how the locate process works with non-NZ-based items. Jesse thinks requests are being assigned correctly but there is a problem with display.  

      4. GES/display logic rules - specific example from last week, plus open to the possibility of holding a separate open call on just this subject if there’s enough interest. We talked about this in a session at the summer meeting. (Chelle and Alex are open to the possibility of hosting the call)  Still a lot of confusion about how these two things contribute to the Primo interface and options -- may warrant a separate open call.  Also Illiad integration might require a special open call.  Still working on this agenda, but those two topics alone will cover a lot of ground.  Keith: Doris Munson has been trying to get together a “hackfest” to talk about the GES/display logic rule problem. Cassie is working on this with her to “rope in” this idea.  1.5 hours scheduled for this call.



  1. Primo Toolkit Working Group (Lesley)

○      Have not met since last week. In first call covered charge and broad areas of Primo customization.  Looking at what’s out there in term of Primo customizations: what’s out there, what do we like, what would we like to include in the toolkit.


    • Next meeting is Thursday at 1pm.

    • Members are gathering examples of desirable Primo customizations for inclusion in the Toolkit.


  1. Priority issues (Keith)

Keith color-coded items on the list during the discussion: green = advance to ExL as priority items; yellow = table or more information needed. Jesse: some items on the list are COE issues; does that mean we should not forward to ExL as part of this process? Keith felt we should forward items both in this process as as part of COE.  3- more info needed. Unclear whether this is specific to reserves or a more general scope problem.  4 – carry forward. 5 – carry forward. 6. Scale issue. Jesse: changed recently w/ monthly release – seems to be broken again. 7. Old case from cohort 1 golive. Jennifer wants update on where we’re at with this. Lesley: update/info: if you click on the hyperlink in advanced search mode, it will do the search in the index; in basic search it does the keyword search. Yellow. 8. Bib records not being published. Tech services/resource management issue? Refer to resource management list. Table and Keith will send something to Doris/EWU. 9-11, Sarah Johnson/CU: searching issues/bugs. 9 was discussed on the list recently. Keith: green & ask for updates, keep on radar.   10-11 need more testing? Keith will ask for more info for 9-11 from Sarah/CU.  Yellow. Team members will test more /do more research. 12 Doris/EWU: synchronization messaging problem, widely documented. Doesn’t need to go forward; we have other cases on that problem.


  1. Idea for Alliance Enhancement Request process - (Lesley) Kelly will move this to the top of the agenda at the next meeting.  Members: please review for discussion next week.

      1. Solicit submissions in an ongoing fashion from reps and team chairs.  

        1. This might be done via open call agendas or through email to team chairs from reps.

        2. Each team chair/liaison could keep a file of submitted NERS issues for their team up-to-date for review.

      2. Team chairs + Alliance staff liaisons meet monthly (or quarterly) to review submissions.

        1. Issues not accepted are sent back to requester for local (vs. Alliance) submission.

        2. Duplicate Issues already in NERS are considered for support.

        3. The frequency of review means folks with unaccepted issues don’t wait around all year for an answer, only to be told no.

      3. At beginning of voting process (June/July-ish), review all previously approved submissions for the year, send all but top 8-10 (?) back to requesters for local submission.

      4. Alliance-approved issues submitted to NERS.

    1. Quarterly check-in on enhancement requests.


  1. Additions from D&D Team Members?


2:00 PM, September 29, 2015

Return to Top

Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Stephanie Michel, Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto,  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild(minutes), Lori Hilterbrand, Keith Folsom


Credentials


Tue, Sep 29, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

    Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/250093245

    You can also dial in using your phone.

    United States +1 (224) 501-3412

    Access Code: 250-093-245




Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:


  1. Idea for Alliance Enhancement Request process - (Lesley)

    • Solicit submissions in an ongoing fashion from reps and team chairs.  

      1. This might be done via open call agendas or through email to team chairs from reps.

      2. Each team chair/liaison could keep a file of submitted NERS issues for their team up-to-date for review.

    • Team chairs + Alliance staff liaisons meet monthly (or quarterly) to review submissions.

      1. Issues not accepted are sent back to requester for local (vs. Alliance) submission.

      2. Duplicate Issues already in NERS are considered for support.

      3. The frequency of review means folks with unaccepted issues don”t wait around all year for an answer, only to be told no.

    • At beginning of voting process (June/July-ish), review all previously approved submissions for the year, send all but top 8-10 (?) back to requesters for local submission.

    • Alliance-approved issues submitted to NERS.

      1. Currently NERS product working group determines what gets on list for voting. Challenge is in tracking what gets sent back as an Alliance level request. Need way to track things that are flagged as an enhancement request by ExLibris when submitted as a case.

    • Quarterly check-in on enhancement requests.

    • Follow up with Al- enhancement flagging in Salesforce. Also check in about how Alma cases (systems, resource management, etc.) are handled. Process/workflow should be the same for both NERS processes.

    • Institutional reps - report cases identified as enhancement requests by ExLibris. Send to D&D Team. Team would review. Chair and Program Manager would take to other Chairs and PMS and submit to NERS.

Next steps - policy and coordination

  1. WG updates    

    • Norm Rules (Lesley)

      1. Draft enhancement request for date range searching functionality is now final.  

      2. Norm rule changes have been moved to PSbox in advance of Thursday”s renorm/reindex kickoff.

      3. Testing announcement:

        1. This will go out on Friday to DD-Reps list - any other lists?

          1. DD Community, too!

        2. Draft announcement

        3. Testing guide and Google form will be linked from announcement


    • Primo Release Testing (Stephanie)

      1. Resignation of working group member

      2. Update about recruiting a new member:

        1. Provided more information about this role during the Open Discovery call

        2. Enhanced call for nominations sent to 3 Discovery email lists on Monday

        3. New deadline is Monday, October 5

        4. 1 nomination has been received


    • Summit 3 COE (Jesse)

      1. punch list update

      2. Cassie is going to set up a training session in late Oct/early Nov about GES and display logic rule configuration; summer sessions presenters will hopefully be reprising their roles

        1. question about PCI records

          1. genre field - used to hide Summit option in Primo

          2. link resolver - determines how/what info is passed along to ILLiad/Worldshare

          3. do we have any control over what metadata Primo is pushing out for these PCI records? (Short answer = no control over what gets put into the PNX, may have some control over what gets sent to link resolver from PNX.)

      3. ILLiad/Alma integration Money

        1. I met with Chen last week; he showed me how to set up the Alma configuration for ILLiad as a last-resort partner; I”ll write up the documentation for that call and share out.

        2. Where should we be posting this sort of documentation? Followup

        3. I”m also sitting on a helpful document from Nathan (PSU) about customizing letters in Alma

      4. Difficulty searching for lending request titles with diacritical marks

        1. Lending requests search - 245 $$a and $$b fields are getting added to the request title, but the 245 $$c field is not indexed regardless of diacritics.


  1. Priority Issue Support Call (Jesse, Jennifer, Keith) :-)

    • Jesse: sponsoring two issues on the next ExL call, a Primo cancellation error/syncing problem and the prolonged delay when opening borrowing/lending requests queues at some of the larger libraries

    • Jennifer: Money tracking issue, large # of renewals being advanced.  

   

  1. Primo Toolkit Working Group (Lesley)

    • Last meeting Thursday 9/24.

    • Members are compiling lists of their institutions” customizations in broad groups (PBO, JS & CSS).

    • Members with documentation and/or code packages will ‘claim’ those issues and contribute to the Toolkit.

    • Next meeting = October 8.


  1. Additions from D&D Team Members?


Return to Top