Left Menu Right Menu

2:00 PM, August 4, 2015

Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Megan Drake, Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Mindy Muzatko, Stephanie Michel (minutes), Anya Arnold, Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


GTM - Disc & Delivery Team Meeting


Tue, Aug 4, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/957586509

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States +1 (224) 501-3412

Access Code: 957-586-509



Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

  • Megan sent list of NRWG members to Elizabeth

  • All NRWG members are Primo certified; all have sandbox access (all but 1 member has tested their access)

  • Jesse completed the quick testing of the request form

  • Anya added info about Alliance SF cases to the Primo July Release notes

  • Al is gathering information about institution vs. Alliance cases to send to the Community lists

  1. COE Summit 3 WG update (Jesse)

    • Met last Friday; reviewed previous documentation

    • Weekly meetings with Ex Libris begin again tomorrow

    • Will review spreadsheet of ongoing issues

  2. Norm Rules WG update (Lesley)

  • First meeting today

  • Trying to schedule a date for their first training session (cover basic info)

  • Face-to-face meeting only for more complex tasks due to geographic dispersal of members

  • Started reviewing punchlist; evaluating and prioritizing issues.  Some issues may need to be referred to other groups for discussion / policy decisions.

  • Megan sent NRWG web site information to Anya and Keith

  1. August Alma update (Keith / Anya)

    • Keith hasn’t needed to create a case yet

    • Several discussions on dd-community / fulfill-discussion listservs about 2 issues:

      1. CSS Branding Skin originally required a change and then reverted back to original coding

      2. ILL due dates can’t be changed in Alma - should be fixed by a Hotfix this weekend

      3. Metadata editor issue (local fields could not be edited) has been resolved

  2. Primo July Release testing update (Stephanie)

    • Testing has begun across the Alliance

    • Nothing at this point would result in a no go vote, mostly minor issues have been reported

    • Will be sending out periodic reminders to the Alliance to test

    • We are targeting August 22nd for the release date but this hasn’t been confirmed by Ex Libris.  We need to know when Ex Libris needs the formal go/no go.

    • ACTION:  Keith will confirm Aug 22 Go Live as well as soliciting date for formal Go/NoGo

  3. Priority Support Issues meeting (Megan / Keith / Anya)

    • Meeting is on August 6, Issues to be discussed are here (has been sent to Brian Noone at Ex Libris)

    • List includes issues that were sent to Megan about problematic/long-standing cases

    • Meeting will include Program Managers, chairs, and Brian Noone from Ex Libris

  4. Monthly Open Calls - should we move them to monthly?

    • Calls are currently scheduled bi-weekly, but every other meeting is often cancelled

    • Meetings will be switched to the last Monday (Discovery) and last Thursday (Fulfillment) of the month - users could test the monthly release in their sandbox prior to installation on production

    • Schedule the meeting for 1.5 hours in case extra time is needed?

    • ACTION:  Megan to send email to Elizabeth with the date change as well as the lengthened time period so she can change the meeting invites.  

    • ACTION:  Megan to email out communities with meeting date change and rationale.

  5. Personal Delivery @ GFU and Request Form Change (Keith)

    • Summit request form can offer home/office delivery on the request form

    • Chen has worked with Sarah Stevenson at GFU to make a change in Alma to facilitate this

    • Paging slip needs to show both personal delivery as well as resource sharing library the request is assigned to (Portland or Newberg)

    • The issue may be related to GFU’s configuration; could also be related to patron data loaded from Banner

    • OSU and PSU are also using personal delivery; but neither school has 2 resource sharing libraries

    • ACTION: Keith will respond to Sarah at GFU and will cc Megan and Jesse

  6. Additions from D&D Team Members?

    • No additional items.


2:00pm, August 11, 2015


Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Megan Drake, Jesse Thomas (minutes), E.J. Carter, Lesley Lowery, Mindy Muzatko, Stephanie Michel, Anya Arnold, Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


2GTM - Discovery & Delivery Team

Discovery & Delivery Team

Tue, Aug 11, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/503511749

United States +1 (646) 749-3122

Access Code: 125-147-637


Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

    • ACTION:  Keith will confirm Aug 22 Go Live as well as soliciting date for formal Go/NoGo - still conferring with Matt; we could go as late as Aug. 19, but Aug. 18 would be better; do it during maintenance window (Aug. 22-23); still need to clarify if there will be any downtime (probably yes); we”ll want to convey the specifics to all the various communities; should have a definitive answer on Aug. 18, at which point Keith will let Matt know.

ACTION:  Megan to send email to Elizabeth with the date change as well as the lengthened time period so she can change the meeting invites.  

ACTION:  Megan to email out communities with meeting date change and rationale.

  • Megan emailed Elizabeth/communities today

ACTION: Keith will respond to Sarah at GFU and will cc Megan and Jesse

  • still pending response from GFU; Kate provided some additional helpful details.


  • Megan”s departure (Megan)

    • Last Day is Sept 1

    • Replacement from Team needed for Primo Toolkit WG (Systems) - Lesley will fill this role (thank you!)

    • New Chair process - Council announcement is forthcoming, along with any new appointments to this team

  • COE Summit 3 WG update (Jesse)

    • Met July 31; reviewed previous documentation

    • Weekly meetings with Ex Libris started Aug 5

    • Moshe to host a special meeting about how Alma conducts ‘locate’

    • Will review spreadsheet of ongoing issues

  • Norm Rules WG update (Lesley)

    • No meeting this week due to absences

    • Training scheduled for Monday 8/24, 2-4pm - session will be recorded and posted to team website; Lesley and Kelly are going to provide a walkthrough example which covers a wide variety of ‘bits and pieces’ on working with NRs.

    • Review of punchlist is ongoing - completed the delivered items; reviewing new cases

  • Primo July Release testing update (Stephanie)

    • testing in sandbox is underway; 14 libraries have submitted votes so far (all go”s); feedback is mainly about the ‘did you mean’ functionality; first meeting of team will be 8/18 @1pm to determine final go/no go vote; implementation to follow soon thereafter (Aug 22-23rd)

    • would like to add another team member who could participate on this team and help with testing

      1. S3 WG is filling their opening by putting out a call for new nominations in the appropriate lists as well as in the weekly email.  Deadline set for nominations and will be reviewed.  This would be a good process to fill Megan”s spot in this WG.

  • Additions from D&D Team Members?

    • Official notes from D&D sponsored Summer Meeting sessions

      1. Who is working on these?  Where should they go?

      2. They should probably be on the website associated with the Summer Meeting sessions

      3. ACTION:  Send to Keith when completed.  


7. Keith out of office until next Tuesday (8/18).



2:00pm, August 18, 2015




Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Megan Drake, Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter (out - OSU workshop), Lesley Lowery (minutes), Mindy Muzatko, Stephanie Michel, Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto, Anya Arnold , Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


GTM - Discovery & Delivery Team


Tue, Aug 18, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/907688301

United States +1 (646) 749-3131

Access Code: 907-688-301


Agenda:

  1. Welcome new Team members (Megan)

   

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

    • Notes from Summer Meeting sessions: Keith got quite a few, some session authors are still working on putting their notes together for submission.  There is no hard deadline for submission.

  2. COE Summit 3 WG update (Jesse)

    • Met with ExL again last Wed (8/12)

    • Reviewed Medium priority cases

    • Next meeting scheduled for 8/26 - we”ll finish reviewing low priority cases and Moshe will be giving us a (recorded) demo about how the locate process works.

    • Nomination period for open position closes Friday.

  3. COE Consortial Analytics update (Jesse)

    • We are still reviewing the essential use cases submitted by the various libraries.

    • Anya, Heidi (UW) and Chelle (UW) have been helping me identify the consortial/institutional implications for each one.

    • Our first ExL meeting (with Yoel) will be on Monday (8/24).

    • Still looking for additional Analytics expert(s) in the Alliance, especially in the Fulfillment and/or Resource Sharing areas.

  4. Norm Rules WG update (Lesley)

    • We met today to start reviewing the punchlist of existing NR requests.

    • We also discussed the status of the renorm/reindex problem in the PBO.

    • Small sandbox versioning status:

      1. Version falling behind Prod and Premium, which causes problems with consistency in testing and inability to sync norm rule sets between environments.

      2. Info provided to John H. (via Al C.) for John”s meeting with ExL on 8/26.

      3. Ideally, Ex Libris will agree to upgrade/maintain the small sandbox.

      4. Another potential solution is to republish records from the Alma side - that may trigger renorm for just those records.  Megan”s testing this!

  5. Primo July Release testing update (Stephanie)

    • met today at 1pm to review Primo July Release testing feedback

    • Stephanie will open a case with Ex Libris about feedback about Did You Mean functionality

    • Based on feedback, WG recommends to the D&D team that we go forward with the implementation to production (scheduled for Sunday, August 23)

      1. ACTION: Keith to notify Ex Libris of ‘Go’ vote for installation.

      2. ACTION: Stephanie to notify lists of impact of installation.

    • Questions about Primo Analytics, and next Renorm/Reindex

      1. From SalesForce case 164057: Primo Analytics reports will be available in November.

  6. Delivery Open Call (Jesse)

    • Possible expansion to cover Circulation topics (e.g. Lost loans).

    • Seek issues in recent release notes; from community lists.

    • ACTION: Jesse will query lists for circulation issues to include.

  7. Alma September Release to Sandbox August 23 (Keith)

    • Testing to begin Monday.

    • Release note review and distribution - Anya used to do this.

      1. ACTION: Keith to review release notes and send to list.

    • Institutions with Alma Premium sandboxes point them to the Primo Premium sandbox so that the request form can be tested in the Premium sandbox front end.

      1. ACTION: Jesse to test resource sharing / request form issues as needed.

  8. Renorm/Reindex of Premium Sandbox (Keith)

    • Could this happen later this week?  Yes, as long as it wraps up by Monday, preferably.

    • ACTION: Keith will notify Community list of work to commence on Thursday.

  9. CCRLS Work in Premium Sandbox (Keith)

    • Impact: not too much, no renorm/reindex required(?).  Approx. 1M records or so involved in cleanup work.

    • ACTION: Keith will request detailed impact information from Ex Libris.

  10. Additions from D&D Team Members?

    • Primo 5 beta tester? status?

      1. Ex Libris says all beta testing spots are full, and we can join in testing at a later time.

      2. June 9 team meeting minutes: Ex Libris wants us to help test UI customization tool - Miri @ ExL proposed late August meeting on this.

      3. This may require setting up a new testing group for Primo 5 specifically.  Perhaps pull in Primo Toolkit WG people.

      4. ACTION: Megan will send email to Keith.

      5. ACTION: Keith to follow-up with Ex Libris and ask for more details on what this will involve on our end (timeline/scope/requirements).

    • Why do messages about PCI updates go to one address? Why doesn”t ExL send them to the primo-l list or use some other official channel? See msg from Sara B at UO on 8/13 about failed messages. The setup we”re using now isn”t sustainable.

      1. ACTION: Jennifer will send information to Keith.

      2. ACTION: Keith will confer with Al about proper channels for this issue.



August 25, 2015, 2:00pm PDT


Participants (please bold as you come in):  

Megan Drake, Jesse Thomas, E.J. Carter (minutes), Lesley Lowery, Mindy Muzatko (unable to attend), Stephanie Michel, Jennifer Ward, Dena Hutto,  Kelly V. Peterson-Fairchild, Keith Folsom


GTM - Discovery & Delivery Team


Tue, Aug 25, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/297036093


Dial +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 297-036-093

Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting


Meeting ID: 297-036-093


Agenda:

  1. Review actions from last meeting:

    • Cases in after Primo July installation (George Fox, WSU) are in the process of being resolved.  Otherwise a smooth installation.

  2. COE Summit 3 WG update (Jesse)

    • Completed nomination process to replace Amber; we”re going to add both Heidi Nance (UW) and Shanel Parret (WU).  Need to change membership on Alliance website and put it on the announce list.

    • next meeting with Ex Libris will be tomorrow (8/26); we will be discussing the locate process with Moshe and review our low profile cases.  Locate process is not causing any problems but may be configured wrong.

    • High profile cases still have to be addressed (holdings in the “More” link; RTA etc).

  3. COE Consortial Analytics update (Jesse)

    • First meeting was yesterday (8/24) - Agenda

  4. Norm Rules WG update (Lesley)

    • First training session held yesterday

    • Punchlist review continues--halfway through.  

    • We”ll be working with TSWG to draft recommendations on OCLC record cleanup--an alliance-wide WG might try to address these records.  

    • Question for DDT on appropriate direction for PCI resource types problems.  Similar to the audio-video problems last spring (PCI classifies all as “audio-visual” rather than splitting them up.)  Ideally we”d be able to write norm rules that would affect PCI record.  This would most likely be an enhancement request.  

    • We need to figure out how to track enhancement requests internally; some are getting lost in the shuffle, especially when ExLibris suggests that a case be channeled toward an enhancement request.

    • This would seem to be a workflow or documentation issue that requires further action--like getting case titles changed when an enhancement request is suggested.  Action: Keith will check whether the Alliance can retitle cases and figure out the best way to make this a larger issue at a higher level.

  5. Primo July Release update (Stephanie)

    • Primo July Release installed on August 23

    • No reports of significant issues following release

  6. Delivery Open Call (Jesse)

    • Will focus on circulation and reserve issues, which have been sidelined in earlier calls.  The call is scheduled for an hour and a half, in case the extra time is needed.

  7. Discovery Open Call (Kelly)

    • Nimble storage, location of notes from Summer meeting, Q&A, guest hosting, instruction issues will be among the topics.

  8. Alma September Released to Sandbox August 23 (Keith)

    • Release Notes Summary

    • Renewal of Summit items?  Original loan periods were 3 weeks with 1 renewal, until shifting to 6 weeks with no renewal.  Would be problematic to change that (would introduce another layer of complexity in messaging), and would take a while to implement.  Perhaps could be brought up at a Delivery call.

    • Testing of request form.  Action: Jesse and Jennifer will do this in the next day or two.  

  9. Renorm/Reindex of Premium Sandbox Follow-up (Keith)

    • Total time:  70 hours, 6 minutes

    • ExLibris is aware this isn”t fully sufficient, but we need to keep pushing for improvements.

  10. CCRLS Work in Premium Sandbox (Keith)

    • Impact should be minimal--1 million records.  If they start late on a Thursday will be done late Friday.  

    • Do after request form testing?

  11. Policy Workflow Review (Keith)

  12. Removing Institution Codes from Primo Institution Names (Keith)

  • Keith and Al can do this centrally.  UP did it via 2 cases but it was a hassle.  Action: Keith will start with original Summit 3 testers in the Sandbox, then will suggest on the systems list doing it for everyone, and see if there are objections.

  1. Priority issues (Keith)

    • Submit by Wednesday, August 26 here

    • Meeting September 2

    • We need to make sure these issues are reported to all the groups/lists.

  2. Additions from D&D Team Members?