Alliance Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response Information
As our member libraries grapple with the current global coronavirus pandemic, the Alliance will remain responsive and supportive as possible through any restrictions your library may face. At the same time, we are also working to be as conscientious as possible about not putting our staff or others at risk for disease transmission.
We are actively monitoring coronavirus/COVID-19 activity and response information from a variety of sources, locally, nationally via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and in the libraries we serve. We will continue serving member libraries to the greatest extent possible during this situation.
EDUCAUSE has a page that focuses on COVID-19 and its implications for higher education institutions.
If you have questions about this or other Alliance information, please continue to contact us through established means, and we will respond as quickly as possible.
We will update the information below as often as possible as the situation evolves.
Information by Topic
Safe Handling of Materials
Alliance ER staff will work with consortial content providers (as needed; please contact us) where access has user limits or other restrictions, and ask them to increase or remove those limits when institutions have moved courses online due to COVID-19 concerns.
- An overview of the Alliance shared ebook collection is here.
- ER password required. Please contact us if you need credentials.
- Publishers include:
- NEW! Cambridge STM EBA (~10,000 titles now available; 1919-present!)
- Oxford OSO (frontlist, 2016- )
- PQ Academic Complete and University Presses (subscriptions)
- PQ DDA (legacy 2014-17)
- T&F EBA (pilot 2017-18)
- Wiley UCBM (transitioning to frontlist for 2021)
- Complete Wiley backlist access extended through June 30.
- Beginning July 1, Alliance will have complete frontlist access and all backlist titles purchased under the UBCM plan.
- Open Access ebook collections that can be activated in the Alma Community Zone (CZ):
- JSTOR Books Open Access
- Project Muse Open Access Books
- SpringerLink Open Access eBooks
- DOAB Directory of Open Access Books
- EBSCO and ProQuest are automatically upgrading ebook access to unlimited for titles from participating publishers that your library (or the Alliance) already owns. (No additional steps required for upgrade.)
- Note: This expanded access does not include any unownedtitles.
- ProQuest has provided a list of the temporarily upgraded titles that will be linked from our PQ ebook page for reference. (Added 04/01/20)
- Trial access to the ACS Guide to Scholarly Communication has been extended for Alliance participants through June 30.
- A crowd-sourced list of free resources compiled by consortia: Vendor Love in the Time of COVID-19.
- Note: This content is not prepared or maintained by the Alliance.
Events converted from in-person to virtual:
- Archives & Manuscripts Service Annual Meeting - May 22
- DUX/SYS Joint Program Meeting - Virtual Meeting July 27-31
- Unique and Local Content program day - date TBD
- Electronic Resources in Libraries (ER&L) sessions from the March 7-10, 2020 conference are now available for free online. See the Online Conference Logistics page to access the content.
SRU Workshop at WSU Pullman, March 17. (Workshop will be rescheduled for a date TBD.)
Portland Library Symposium on ER Accessibility (hosted by PSU and sponsored by PQ) originally scheduled for March 19 has been cancelled rescheduled for September 17.
- OLA 2020 - Originally scheduled 4/29-5/2 has been cancelled.
- ELUNA - Has been canceled. (ELUNA information page)
Summer program days and Council meetings.
Alliance OER symposium
Alliance Team and Group Meetings: Please communicate with your Team/Group chair if you cannot attend.
Remote Work Resources
CARES Act Information