2017-present: Shared Technical Services is now overseen by the Shared Content and Technical Services Team.
2009-2014: The Collaborative Technical Services Team (2010-2014) and the Collaborative Technical Services Task Force (2009) provided leadership for shared technical services across the Alliance. Learn more about the history of collaborative technical services at the Alliance.
As articulated in its Strategic Agenda, the Orbis Cascade Alliance is committed to projects that will help its libraries work together and work more efficiently.
Collaborative technical services is a shared set of practices and staffing for acquisitions, cataloging, serials and related functions that maximizes the collective efficiency of these operations within Alliance libraries. The goal is to bring a sense of oneness to Alliance collections while creating efficiencies which enable libraries and their staff to focus on expanding and improving library services and discovery.
- Authority Control Group Status Report (October 2016) - pdf
- New Staff Training Group for Resource Management final report (September 2016) - pdf
- Authority Control Group Phase 1b Report: Sandbox Testing (September 2016) - PDF
- Authority Control Group Phase 1 Report (March 2016)
- Local Fields Review Group Final Report (February 2016)
- Bibliographic Mandates Review Group Final Report (February 2016)
- New Staff Training Group for Acquisitions final report (January 2016)
- YBP EOCR Record Loads in Alma Group Progress Report (January 2016)
- Technical Services Open Call Group Report (December 2015)
- YBP EOCR Record Loads in Alma Group Report (December 2015)
- Primo Genre/Form Task Group Report (December 2014)
- Marcive Documents without Shelves Task Force Report (December 2014)
- Vendor Record Match Point Task Force Report (November 2014)
- Summary Report of Electronic Resource Management Survey (May 2013)
- Automated Cataloging and Acquisitions Survey Report: Part 1 and Part 2 (November 2011)
- Foreign Language Cataloging Report: Survey Results Summary, All Results, Comments (2010)
- Collaborative Technical Services Team Final Reports to Council: 2010, 2011, 2013
- Collaborative Technical Services Task Force Final Report to Council: 2009
- Cataloging of Pre-1976 Federal Government Documents Report (2010)
Erica Findley (formerly of Pacific). "Power of Groups." Sponsored by OCLC, June 23, 2012.
Ann Miller (University of Oregon). "All for One and One for All: Planning for a Consortial Next Generation ILS." Georgia Users Group Meeting (ELUNA subgroup), Macon, Georgia, May 16, 2013.
Tom Larson (Portland State University) and Rachel Arkoosh (Pacific). "Adventures in Collaborative Technical Services: Past, Present, and Future with the Orbis Cascade Alliance." ALA Annual 2013, Next Generation Technical Services Program, Chicago, IL, June 29, 2013.
Bob Thomas (Western Washington University). "Network Zone: Where We Are and Where We're Going." Collaborative Technical Services Symposium, Portland, Oregon, September 18, 2013.
Kathleen Spring (Linfield), Megan Drake (Pacific), and Sion Romaine (University of Washington). "How Is That Going to Work?: Rethinking Acquisitions in a Next-Generation ILS." Charleston Conference 2013, Charleston, South Carolina, November 8, 2013. Presentation and Paper