The Central Analytics Standing Group (CASG) will work under the guidance of the Systems Team. It will be composed of staff from member institutions familiar with the different functional areas of Alma and with the Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) interface a.k.a. Alma Analytics and supporting technologies (e.g., SQL). The team will have a chair appointed from the Systems Team and 3-4 at-large members, and will work closely with the Systems Program Manager (or other appropriate central staff member). Outcomes for this standing group include:
- Identify Analytics needs by establishing a submission workflow.
- Create (or identify, customize) shared reports (and other Analytics objects) that can be copied and customized by member institutions, teams, groups, and central staff.
- Create and maintain guides for best practices; create documentation and training for use of Analytics and develop member capacity.
- Provide documentation and training on the shared reports.
- Maintain shared reports and documentation as Ex Libris' implementation of OBI develops.
- Improve the systems (Alma, Analytics, and Primo) by submitting proposals to NERS and the Idea Exchange, and by identifying areas for Alliance standardization.