- Review and recommend cataloging policy for the Alliance. Create training outlines and documentation for best practices.
- Based on the priorities identified by the group, tasks could include reviewing past task group reports and determining a plan. Suggestions include reviewing CONSER funnel pilot, reviewing MARCIVE loading, looking at CZ record quality, implementing Primo genre/form recommendations, and reviewing the possibility of a PCC bib funnel.
TSWG: Authority Control
TSWG: Alliance Policy: Cataloging at the WorldCat level
Survey on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (June 2018)
Report on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (October 2018)
- ReviewMARCIVE Documents without Shelves Task Force Report& decide on whether to move forward.
- ReviewPrimo Genre/Form Task Group Report& decide on whether to move forward.
- The CSG conducted an Alliance-wide survey on usage of faceted terms and fields. The results and analysis of this survey are summarized in the final report released in October. See the “Documents” tab above for links to the appendices to the report.
- The group presented on an interim version of this report at SCTS Day in October.
The CSG will be pursuing action items identified in the 2018 report, which may include (but not be limited to):
- Checklistsand similar “ready reference” tools for catalogers, identifying and recommending applicable faceted data to add to bibliographic records.
- Best practices forfaceted datain Network Zone bibliographic records (i.e., a recommended standard for Alliance member libraries that builds upon emerging national standards).
- A clearinghouse ofstandards documentationpertaining to faceted data.
- Aregistry of catalog enhancement projectsundertaken or planned by Alliance member libraries and/or recommended by CSG (e.g., retrospectively adding faceted terms to bibliographic records for certain categories of resources).