Cataloging Standing Group: Makeup and Charge
The Cataloging Standing Group (CSG) is a standing group that works under the auspices of the Alliance Shared Content and Technical Services (SCTS) Team. It is composed of staff from Alliance member libraries with expertise and interest in cataloging and metadata management. The group also includes the Program Manager for Technical Services. The charge of the CSG includes:
- Review and recommend cataloging policy for the Alliance. Create training outlines and documentation for best practices.
- Based on the priorities identified by the group, tasks could include reviewing past task group reports and determining a plan. Suggestions include reviewing CONSER funnel pilot, reviewing MARCIVE loading, looking at CZ record quality, implementing Primo genre/form recommendations, and reviewing the possibility of a PCC bib funnel.
Cataloging Standing Group: Documents
Use of Faceted Terms in Cataloging (August 2019)
- This PDF ready-reference guide specifies various faceted terms and data appropriate for bibliographic records.
- This guide includes instructions on:
- Use of faceted vocabularies (including LCGFT and LCDGT),
- Associated MARC fields, and
- Alliance best practices for deployment of these vocabularies in OCLC master records.
Report on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (October 2018)
Survey on Faceted Terms in Bibliographic Records (June 2018)